Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing weight
So lately I've been losing some weight. Don't know why I would be! I mean it's not like there's any stress in my life right? But a couple of months ago I was at 240 lbs. When I weighed in for a Biggest Loser competition we're having at work last week I was down to 212 lbs. And this is good because two years ago I was up to 275 lbs. But is this keeps up I'm gonna have to change my username on here. Maybe something like arhunkycub? LOL

Congrats on the weightloss, it could be something as little as you aren't eating as much of something as you used to. I used to weigh around 250 lbs myself but went down to around 210 lbs after I stopped eating so many Crisps (Potato chips in America). Sometimes the most simple of changes make a huge difference.

No stress? Yep gotta be this Arkansas water. Divorces, breakups and not nice YouTube comments aren't stress if you have Arkansas water - that makes everything a'ight. :tongue:

Good job on the weight loss.

Yeah Blue, I don't know why anyone would think I was stressed out! The funny thing is, normally when I'm stressed or depressed, I eat everything in sight. I have cut out a lot of things I use to eat, like potato chips and cookies. Plus I'm not eating a lot while I'm at home. I want to get down to about 195. I think I would feel a lot better if I did.

thats really good on the weight lose, is there a particular weight you'd like to get down to or are you not fussed if of course you don't mind me asking i'm new on here and i just like chatting and listening to what people have to say.

Yeah Shelly like I said I'd like to get down to 195 lbs. And of course I don't mind you asking. I wouldn't post it on here if I did! Smile BTW, welcome to GaySpeak!

archubbycub Wrote:So lately I've been losing some weight. Don't know why I would be! I mean it's not like there's any stress in my life right? But a couple of months ago I was at 240 lbs. When I weighed in for a Biggest Loser competition we're having at work last week I was down to 212 lbs. And this is good because two years ago I was up to 275 lbs. But is this keeps up I'm gonna have to change my username on here. Maybe something like arhunkycub? LOL

If you can't ID any pattern leading to the loss don't forget that metabolic changes can occur during high stress leading to potential ailments that first express themselves in unexplained weight loss. I don't expect this is the case for you but I was very encouraged to lose about 30 pounds until I had a check up for sinus infection and the blood work revealed diabetic indicators. Further monitoring and testing revealed indeed I had diabetes. I didn't have any readily recognized symptoms otherwise and I've been fairly stable for six years now, but I could not tell the damage to my eyes until after-the-fact. So a check up for simple/standard blood labs might be something to consider. Knuddel
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

oh I'm sorry i didn't notice you had already said in the post but i think its cool you answered me anyway i'm afraid most people tell me to be quite or go away which is sort of the reason i came on here as i thought i might find some nice interesting people. so far not disappointed Smile

Yeah Shelly the people here are all really nice for the most part. I think you'll find someone to listen to you when you need it!

And Rox, I have diabetes as well. Been living with it for 7 years now. So the weight loss is a good thing. It will help me keep my diabetes under control.

Congrats on the weight loss! I need to get on your level and leave the Flaming Hot Cheetohs lol.