Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss of sex drive
Is it possible to lose ones sex drive? Cause I'm afraid I may have lost mine. Granted I have not felt good for the past week or so. I've been fighting a staph infection on my shoulder and I'm just now starting to get over it. But for the past few days I have been very reluctant to even fool around with my boyfriend. And to make things worse, he has been in "overdrive" when it comes to the bedroom department. But honestly I haven't wanted him, or anyone for that matter, to touch me or to even really be near me. And I keep asking myself "Is this just me not feeling well or is there something wrong in the relationship?" And honestly I'm a little scared to find out the answer.

Lack of libido is perfectly normal in periods of stress or sickness, that's nothing to worry about. Once you get healthy again, your libido will improve.

Best way to improve your sex drive: exercise! Everytime I leave the gym, my libido is sky high.

On my last vacation, I caught this strange flew like virus in the airplane, was sick all the time and couldn't get it up. And the friend who was travelling with me later told me he experienced the same thing!

Sex drive always comes back. It's never permanently lost. I have an anxiety disorder so I go through times of relatively poor sex drive but I bounce back.

Yeah. Mine bounced back about 30 minutes after posting this. Thanks guys! Wink

35... With a staph infection... What may I ask are you treating the infection with? Oral and topical or just topical? If both, it may be that you are reacting to the antibiotic. antibiotics can do all sort of weird things depending on what exactly they are killing.

I find it interesting you are so easy with the idea that something else is wrong with your relationship. I guess there is something else going on about your relationship which precludes you from accepting the simple equation:

IAS = NS

(I am sick = No sex!)

But for the past few days I have been very reluctant to even fool around with my boyfriend.

Get used to that feeling. As relationships proceed you get more periods like that than not like that. Life has a tendency to get in the way of sex - finances, work, household chores - if you both work you will have different schedules of being tired/exhausted/stressed out thus sex will happen less and less often.

I still find it interesting that you think something else may be wrong.... I'm willing to bet that there is something else going on and you have just to figure out exactly what it is, but you have this hunch...

I just re-installed it.

staph infection; the modern version of leprosy