Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost My Topping Mentality?
I have taken meds in the past that require extreme concentration to get the job done sexually. Many selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors have side effects, one of which is a decreased interest in sexual activity. Quite a few pyscho active medications, not just SSRI's, have the same side effect.

If you're not taking recreational or prescribed meds, my next thought is performance anxiety. It's easy to freeze up when someone expects something of you while you're internally questioning your self confidence. Talking about the issue openly with someone may help.

It may be a real medical problem. How many movies have you seen where a guy can't get it up for his girl? It's a comedic device, except it isn't funny irl for those guys who really do suffer from erectile dysfunction. It's a cheap joke at the expense of guys who may need temporary or long term assistance. Don't be afraid to bring this subject up if you see a doctor.

The inability to concentrate, racing thoughts, and intrusive thoughts are all, gifts from hell I deal with daily. These kinds of problems can intermittently result from temporary stress (there are good techniques online to relieve such stress) or, depending upon the frequency of the problem, may require medical assessment. Your description of the problem doesn't sound nearly as severe as anything I experience. Perhaps what you're dealing with is a mild form of attention deficit disorder (ADD has gotten bad press, but it is a legitimate medical condition when diagnosed properly).

If you're really concerned, set your mind at ease by seeing a doctor.

The likelihood is that you probably have nothing to worry about at all. Take the advice of Mike, Virge and the others. Virge is correct, certain condoms are better than others in terms of sensitivity. Some guys need to dull the feeling or they wind up finishing too fast. Others need that extra feeling to maintain arousal. As long as you don't have a sand paper fetish (construction worker fantasies aside) you should be fine.

In direct answer to your question, you might have become disinterested topping guys for awhile. It probably isn't permanent. Have you lost you're ability to top? I doubt it. If you want it badly enough, you'll do it.

Keep talking to us if you need to. Good Luck.

Since Stevie spilled his guts about meds I'm not going to let him feel like he's the only one with a history of them. After coming back from Afghanistan I really had some serious PTSD problems and depression. Naturally they gave me meds and then switched meds and more meds and I ended up a friggin zombie with zero emotions and a sexual dud. Lucky for me my man pushed me into becoming addicted to my endorphins as a means of combatting it all. So now I run every morning and as often as I can or need to during the day. I push myself physically every way I can to get my endorphin high. It's all natural and it's the best drug I've even done.

As for the sex ---- the way to get that turned around is FOREPLAY and what my guy and I call anteforeplay or all the stuff before we get into foreplay --- the fun talk and play. TRUST ME hahahahhaa! About an hour of anteforeplay and another hour of foreplay and there's no way you can keep your "inner caveman" from taking over and turning into a sexual beast.

LJay Wrote:It is actually a borrowed term, Virge. It normally refers to the frame of mind necessary to determine the proper garnish for desserts. One must enter into a Zen-like state in order to choose between whipped cream; meringue; sprinkled powdered sugar, cinnamon, or cocoa; or the all too often used sprig of mint. Cherries are forbidden.

Those who opt for Cool Whip are instantly consigned to the Brazier of the Buddha.

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]Shut up
and cook me up a
nanner pudding.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[Image: RonScottPieFace.jpg]

Thanks Virge! I just woke Mark up out of a dead sleep laughing so damned much. I just got the stink eye! (And no, not the one that smells like love either).

RoflRoflRofl

Stevie Wrote:Thanks Virge! I just woke Mark up out of a dead sleep laughing so damned much. I just got the stink eye! (And no, not the one that smells like love either).

RoflRoflRofl

Well... thanks, I guess. You must have been laughing at me getting cranky on LJay, I hope. I was dead ass serious about that anteforeplay/foreplay/cave man thingie. It's been going on so long with us it's a conditioned response. If he just smiles and talks half way nice to me my pecker goes pavlov and starts drooling.

[Image: Drooling_Dog.jpg]

if you play with it a bit it turns into a Great Dane

Maybe you're just not that into him. You can't force romance.

Virge Wrote:I got to thinking about this and something you said just keeps eating at me.

Do me a favor and google "Topping Mentality." I did. My search engine must need a tune up cuz it came up with NOTHING.

V you need to upgrade your search engine.

[Image: picture.php?albumid=1002&pictureid=6788]
Laugh

LJay Wrote:It is actually a borrowed term, Virge. It normally refers to the frame of mind necessary to determine the proper garnish for desserts. One must enter into a Zen-like state in order to choose between whipped cream; meringue; sprinkled powdered sugar, cinnamon, or cocoa; or the all too often used sprig of mint. Cherries are forbidden.

Those who opt for Cool Whip are instantly consigned to the Brazier of the Buddha.

LJay, you're hilarious. I had a good laugh reading this...
Seriously, though ...