Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost a friend
I've had my first taste of friend elimination. :frown: My conservative, Romney-loving friend said that even though I was gay "she still loved me" and she didn't approve though. I was okay with that. She was also "okay" with my atheism. Now, she hasn't spoken to me since. Should I just forget about her? She was so sweet to me, before. I miss her, but then, I feel she doesn't like me anymore. I think she lied to me.

I wouldn't worry about it, if she doesn't want to be friends anymore then it's her loss.

You're better off without to be onset.

A friend is a friend regardless of what you believe or who you are.

It sounds like she was just saying those nice things to avoid hurting your feelings. People do that. Let her go, if she doesn't want to be friends anymore, it's her loss, not your because you are a pretty cool guy to know.

the loss of a friend always hurts ....but she has to go her ways and you have to go your ways... No need to defend you infront of her.... your way is the only way you can ( and should ) go... so head up, chest out and fix your horns ... the next battle waits ( old saying )

what a small person she sounds like...
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

time to move on, my friend. Plenty of good friends to make in the whole wide world =)

I'm sorry to hear. Are you sure she's not just busy or something is going on. I always try to think about the reasons why people haven't talked to me in a while before I decide that they don't like me anymore. If it is the case, then she's not worth being sad, for long, over. If politics mean more then the gift of friendship, then that's her problem.

JisthenewK Wrote:I've had my first taste of friend elimination. :frown: My conservative, Romney-loving friend said that even though I was gay "she still loved me" and she didn't approve though. I was okay with that. She was also "okay" with my atheism. Now, she hasn't spoken to me since. Should I just forget about her? She was so sweet to me, before. I miss her, but then, I feel she doesn't like me anymore. I think she lied to me.

You need to re-evaluate the term 'friend', because friends don't behave like that

Sweetie , she is tying to spare your feelings, I think you both need some time away.