Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost and Found Money
stu Wrote:I've managed 45 years on this planet without stealing from anyone and I fully inent that the next 45 years will be the same.

Some people only dream they can say that... When you are starving and eating out of dumpsters your morals change, and ethics kick in.

Just saying.

You have lead a truly blessed life if you haven't been forced to look at stealing as a viable option to harsh realities. Kudos to you...

It would honestly depend on how much. If I find a $50 crumpled bill on the road, someone is probably not coming back for it. However, if I find $50000000000000000000000000000 I'm not touching it because I don't want the mafia to find me and cut me into small pieces, tyvm.

Edit: I have returned wallets and identification that I've found in the past... If the money comes along with the owner's information I'm going to return it, certainly.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:You have lead a truly blessed life if you haven't been forced to look at stealing as a viable option to harsh realities. Kudos to you...

Yes I have. And although stealing for food is still stealing I would not begrudge a starving person some food even if it was my money (or at least a some of it) he was stealing.

MisterTinkles Wrote:So you think finding a penny on the ground, putting it in your pocket, and walking off is stealing?

It's still stealing but I wouldn't expect anyone to hand in a coin to the police as lost property - you would run the risk of being 'sectioned'.

you need to change the option of choice - it shouldn't read "id be scared finding money " why would you be scared ??? I would hand it in if its was any kind of amount or a wallet with id, just bee brought up like that - its not mine....simple as that, if no one claimed it then it was handed back then id blow it all

I'm loaded so any big amount, small amount dirty amount would be returned... If my situation change or if I look few years back I'd probably take it and spend it. And if it's a very large amount and given it's not counterfeit I'll take what I need to make it grow and would give the rest anonymously to a charity (there's for the conscience part.) To all those goodie two shoes out there... this was just a scenario, tell me where you are at and I'll leave a bag with 5k in it with no IDS, no schemes of possible counterfeit and let's see if you're going to leave it there to rot.

There's a fine line between honesty and dishonesty, the taxes you pay are stolen from you from legal government offices... they take much more than they truly need. All businesses are legal thieves and I do not set myself apart from it. I spent two years planning pricing strategies and refund schemes to make sure I always have some sort of gain (I'm fucking rich but yet I do not consider myself a thief and I do treat my employees right)... enter the Matrix guys or keep your eyes shut down... you don't take it good, someone else will.

stu Wrote:I've managed 45 years on this planet without stealing from anyone and I fully inent that the next 45 years will be the same.

Im not talking about theft. Im talking about FOUND money.
No ID, no names, no addresses, no nothing, except a bag full of money.

If you equate finding something to theft, then every person on this planet is a thief, because we have all found stuff at one time or another in our lives.

stu Wrote:It's still stealing but I wouldn't expect anyone to hand in a coin to the police as lost property - you would run the risk of being 'sectioned'.

Well, to you, its still stealing then. You found a penny, you picked it up, you walked away with it, you did not turn it in to the authorities....regardless of what they thought about you.

I'd keep the money, start laundering it and not spend it, I figure if it does belong to crooks and was being watched then at least I could give it back to them with the hope that the laundering off sets the inconvenience of them tracking me down.

i'm sure anyone here will bring back money to sects that are actually called church, supposedly for charity?