Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost hope
I'm 17 (turning 18) year shy male, as a shy guy, I really want a boyfriend that protects me and make me feel wanted, throughout my life like a normal teen, I have crush over guys, but it never happens because they're straight and some who knows I'm gay decide to bully or use me to gain something and then just neglect me afterward... I've been feeling really depress lately due to this, whenever I see a couple walking in the street I get really upset, because I wonder will I ever get this feeling. I'm really afraid to be alone, but I can't help but feel that I'll never experience it and all hope is lost for me. Anyway, yeah just want to get this off my chest.

aethe Wrote:I'm 17 (turning 18) year shy male, as a shy guy, I really want a boyfriend that protects me and make me feel wanted, throughout my life like a normal teen, I have crush over guys, but it never happens because they're straight and some who knows I'm gay decide to bully or use me to gain something and then just neglect me afterward... I've been feeling really depress lately due to this, whenever I see a couple walking in the street I get really upset, because I wonder will I ever get this feeling. I'm really afraid to be alone, but I can't help but feel that I'll never experience it and all hope is lost for me. Anyway, yeah just want to get this off my chest.

Aethe,

Sorry to you are feeling low.

Ok, I was going to post a long response - also known as the 'you are young' lectures, but I will cut it down to size.

Everything that happens in life should be treated as a lesson. People take advantage and neglect you when they get what they want? Try and learn from that and start to do things differently.

Learn who you are, experience things and then you will be well equipped to find someone to share your life with. Even if you had 3 ears and an arm growing out of your head it would be still possible to find someone to settle with.

Things will get better and in a few years time I want you to come back here and post to say how great things are!

Hugs Confusedmile:

Had a similar problem, because most of my friends are straight, some even a bit homophobic, finding a partner seemed impossible. Also envied all the couples around me. Was wondering if something was wrong with me, because it seemed to work for everyone else. Well, it finally worked for me and i found someone i love very much at the "old" age of 21.

You could try to find some gay friends online, even if not for a relationship. They might introduce you to some of their gay friends who might introduce you to.... and so on.
Might also find a partner straight away. Look for someone who doesn't talk about sex at first, because it might be the only thing you will ever get from him. Not like its a thing to shy away from(well, when you finally are 18).

The key here is to do something about it. Such things don't happen auto-magically very often, especially if you are shy(like me).

Wouldn't recommend going to gay bars or events, if you are looking for a caring partner. They are mostly good for only getting laid.

I'm sorry but I I don't have any cheering words of my own right now. So my advice is to go to YouTube and watch some of the 'It Gets Better' videos.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Bighug

Life's an awful bitch most of the time. ;[ I feel the same way most of the time, although I know it's different. But trust me, with every crush that doean't work out...you make a step forward. And the time will come, and Mr. Right will pick you up, carry you in his arms and take you away on his white horse...Give it a couple more chances...(not saying just another purposedly).

hey aethe i feel bad for you but dont worry your not the only one thats lonely im lonely too but dont worry things will get better for for you and i really do mean it.

You never know what's heading your way. However, work out those things on which you can have some kind of effect (job, school, hobbies and interests etc.) and be brilliant in whatever field you choose. The pulling power of an interesting man is amazing Wink

thanks people, I'm not sure if I'm able to get over my depression, but I'll try to be more optimistic. Although I really want to know how those that have similar problem as me able to find a lover.

aethe Wrote:... Although I really want to know how those that have similar problem as me able to find a lover.
Pure luck when I wasn't looking.

aethe Wrote:thanks people, I'm not sure if I'm able to get over my depression, but I'll try to be more optimistic. Although I really want to know how those that have similar problem as me able to find a lover.
i think for me its cause im quiet n shy lol