Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lottery winners divorcing
It's reporeted that two couples; Dave and Angela Dawes and Adrian and Gillian Bayford who both won multi million lotter prizes, are divorcing. The Dawes purchased a £9,000,000 mansion with their winnings (what were they thinking?).

So, if anyone here is thinking that a multi million pound lottery prize will solve your problems, think again. Probably the most it would do would be to make you more miserable in greater comfort.

What would you do if you won a prize like that.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

My plans if I win the powerball at the lowest level which is approximately 26 million cash value, give to local boys and girls club, the battered women's house, the abused kids house, local education projects, start a foundation for the foster kids who turn 18 without being placed (so they have money to survive), the gsa clubs at the local schools, including new mexico state university, 5 million to sister who has supported me in all ways since childhood. trivia: if you put 1 million dollars in a mattress, got no interest on the money and spent 50k a year it would still take you 20 years to spend it, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

James Wrote:My plans if I win the powerball at the lowest level which is approximately 26 million cash value, give to local boys and girls club, the battered women's house, the abused kids house, local education projects, start a foundation for the foster kids who turn 18 without being placed (so they have money to survive), the gsa clubs at the local schools, including new mexico state university, 5 million to sister who has supported me in all ways since childhood. trivia: if you put 1 million dollars in a mattress, got no interest on the money and spent 50k a year it would still take you 20 years to spend it, Jim

Thanks for your reply James. Like you, if I were ever to win such an obscene amount of money, most of it would be given away to my favourite charities and also to help some worthwhile arts projects.

Of course I would keep some for myself. It would be stupid not to make my life a little more physically comfortable.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I would make my life comftable. First id take a long holiday somewhere very warm, then id build and design my dream house id spend the rest of my life in. Id have a zoo garden and an outdoor bath in a treehouse, my house may be a converted lighthouse... id spend time in holland, own my own cannabis cafe, id have a private chef, then id use my riches to influence people to not just give to charity but build charitys of my own, i would look to the rainforest

I would keep it simple, no million dollar mansion or $100,000 car, but my house would have a theater room and hot tub. The rest would go to paying off bills for the family, a little to charity, and college money for my nephew and younger cousins.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Mh, I can a lot of things with a lot of money... Mainly resolve my economic problems, for sure I will be less obsessed to find a crappy job and I can dedicate myself in what I consider really important: ART.
Doing Art, working with Art, the preservation of the Culture. With enough money, if I don't find a job in this environment I might start my own business. Etc. And obviously travel ;-P
House...? Maybe rent a nice flat, but not too big. Cars etc? I like nice cars, but I prefer use the public transport, and I'm really not into status symbols ... So I don't care.
2nd help some friend etc.
3rd Chartity, but I think is better being involved in it.
4 th = 1st, bills etc. An help to live a decent life, without too much excess.

Well, it all depends on the amount I had left after paying the lawyer, the taxes, and paying off all my bills.

I have specific things in mind for different amounts I would get.

My basic plan is (after lawyer, taxes, and bills) -

*Have my fantasy home built
*Buy the vehicles I have always wanted
*Get liposucked, nipped, and tucked
*Pay off my sisters debts
*Open college funds for my nephews and niece
*Buy all my personal "family" new cars or pay off their mortgages
*Buy an RV for travelling...fully equipped
*Keep the rest in the bank, and live off the interest

**POSSIBLY adopt some teenagers from the local orphanages....give some kids a chance in the world that I never got. (why teens? nobody wants to adopt teens, they all want babies)

Oh...and ruling the world, as usual.

Find a modest 5-10 acre plot of land. Build a 500 to 800 square foot house out of straw bale, Plant a garden. Plant many, many trees and be happy in Mirkwood 2.0

Pretty much do what I am doing now but instead for someone else do it for myself.

I did the calculations once and decided I could live extremely well and more than happily enough on low yield interest on $5million dollars.

I have no interest in big and fancy... I have no debts. I don't use credit cards and I live within my paltry means.

So a large lotto win would last me for the rest of my life....40+ years