Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love My Kitchen Gadgets !!!
Got the idea for this from cooking threads and MisterLoves new apartment!!

I LOVE kitchen gadgets! From my ice cream scoopers I use for measuring, to my big stand mixer I love, to my bread machine I love.

I just love kitchen gadgets!!!

Here are some of the kitchen gadgets I have that are my fav's....
My stand mixer
[Image: sunbeam2351.jpg]
My crockpot
[Image: large-crockpot-699x559.jpg]
My double bread maker machine
[Image: pr-Small_Appliances-Salton_Double-Loaf_B...zed200.jpg]
My egg cooker
[Image: Cuisinart-CEC-10-Egg-Central-Egg-Cooker.jpg]
My hot air popcorn popper
[Image: resize?w=240&h=200&uid=4291246828]

Do you love kitchen gadgets???
What are some you have or want??

DrPhibes Wrote:My egg cooker
[Image: Cuisinart-CEC-10-Egg-Central-Egg-Cooker.jpg]
What are some you have or want??

i would like one of them, do you just pop your egg in, thats it? im fed up of standing over a pan of water for ten minutes (thats how long it takes just to heat up, stupid electric hob) only to get a hard boiled egg when i wanted a runny yolk.

partis Wrote:i would like one of them, do you just pop your egg in, thats it? im fed up of standing over a pan of water for ten minutes (thats how long it takes just to heat up, stupid electric hob) only to get a hard boiled egg when i wanted a runny yolk.

I have an older model, it doesnt have a stainless bottom.
I also do not punch holes in my eggs. I have never had a problem not punching holes in them.
Like the woman says, its great if you love eggs and make a lot of egg things for the week, or for a party.
I love deviled eggs, I can eat tons of those.

Put in the water, put in the eggs, turn it on, and walk away.
So easy.

I loove my breadmaker. I was so doubtfulbut it's a really nice machine. It's big but good. It's crap at making bread though. I use it to make dough because I often make flatbreads or pizza dough

Obviously rice cooker is the most important gadget in any Chinese household.

I would like to get a nice food processor... but there's no place to put it.

Lilitu Wrote:I loove my breadmaker. I was so doubtfulbut it's a really nice machine. It's big but good. It's crap at making bread though. I use it to make dough because I often make flatbreads or pizza dough

Obviously rice cooker is the most important gadget in any Chinese household.

I would like to get a nice food processor... but there's no place to put it.

I keep my food processor under the sink, since I rarely use it.
I only got it cause it was on sale at a super cheap price, and I could puree my homemade sandwich spreads into a paste, which is what I like.

Do you know much about immersion blenders? I hear that those are good to replace processors if you don't have space.

Lilitu Wrote:Do you know much about immersion blenders? I hear that those are good to replace processors if you don't have space.

Yeah, I had one of those before.
They are good for some things, but not all things.
If you want to turn something to mush, make gravy, or make puree, or puree soup, its perfect.
Its also really good for making whipped cream. Some people say you can even make whipped cream out of regular milk with one of these things, but I have never tried it.

I had a cheap one, and even the cheap ones are pretty powerful. You have to be very careful though, those blades are SUPER SHARP!!!! I cut my fingers a couple of times washing it off.

I usually used mine for making creamy guacamole.

If you can find a cheap one (about $10.00), then try it out. Or you might find one in a thrift shop (make sure its sharp). If it works well for you, then you might look into one that has detachable blades, with other attachments. A really good one should run about $60.00.

[Image: stickblender.jpg]

I love kitchen gadgets too but because my kitchen and my budget are so small, I can't have as many as I'd like to.

I'm a huge fan of Tupperware, too. They probably need to improve their design but the quality of their materials is excellent.

Versatility is the key word here. I just love an article that serves different functions.

I've already mentioned the magnificent Tupperware Chop-N-Prep Chopper on another thread but it deserves to be mentioned again.

Believe me, 'magnificent' really is the right word here, every kitchen HAS to have one of these. You can chop anything (e.g. onions, garlic, meat, vegetables) in it, it's not electrical, it will save you LOTS of time and effort and you won't end up smelling of onions.

Moreover it is one tough motherf***: the wire is pure steel and the plastic won't scratch or break.

Of all the great Tupperware inventions has given us over the years, this one is probably the greatest. I can't praise it enough.

There's a bigger version of the Chop-N-Prep but I actually prefer this one: smaller means easier to store (I have a small kitchen and every mm counts) and to clean.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

From all of this:

[Image: PROFESSIONAL_KITCHEN_UTENSILS.jpg]

Is it ok if I just have the knife, cleavers, beaters, a strainer, some spatulas, a grater, the cutlery, duh; and the cutting board (a wooden one)?

and pots and pans of course

I've never needed anything else to cook...am I weird?