Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love My Kitchen Gadgets !!!
Excellent Thermomix demonstration:

Here is the food processor I have. Got it for $25.00 on sale three years ago.
[Image: food-processor-1024x1024.jpg]

I have always wanted some of these gadgets.....

Pizza Cooker
You can use it to cook a pizza, but it heats up other foods too.
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpd61qz0gK1qz4rgp.jpg]

Belgian Waffle Maker
[Image: belgian-waffle-maker-waring.jpg]

Quesadilla Maker
[Image: 0008284603774_AV_500X500.jpg]

Frozen Margarita/Ice Cream Machines
[Image: Margarita_Machine_2_300series.285192107_std.jpg]

Dry Food Dispensers
[Image: 41lvK5a0pDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

NutButter Maker
[Image: kitchen-gadgets-10.jpg]

Lilitu Wrote:I loove my breadmaker. I was so doubtfulbut it's a really nice machine. It's big but good. It's crap at making bread though. I use it to make dough because I often make flatbreads or pizza dough

Obviously rice cooker is the most important gadget in any Chinese household.

I would like to get a nice food processor... but there's no place to put it.

I think a rice cooker is the only way to make good, restaurant-quality rice and is essential. I could *never* figure out how to make rice properly on a stove top; it never came out right (too meally/sticky, etc), and instant isn't that great, but the rice cooker makes perfectly cooked rice without any effort. I love it.

Drew Wrote:I think a rice cooker is the only way to make good, restaurant-quality rice and is essential. I could *never* figure out how to make rice properly on a stove top; it never came out right (too meally/sticky, etc), and instant isn't that great, but the rice cooker makes perfectly cooked rice without any effort. I love it.

The way I was always told to make "perfect" rice was to boil your water, then add your rice.

Take it off the heat, stir it around a bit, cover it, then leave it for an hour.

I did that once, and I had the most perfect rice ever!!!
I have yet to be able to copy what I did again. For some reason my rice turns out crunchy in the middle now.

These gadgets look great but you guys seem to be forgetting that fundamental word: STORAGE. My kitchen is small and there is no way it could acommodate all these gadgets.

Anyway, I have another one and it's great: it's just a white piece of baking paper but it's wonderful. It can replace your regular aluminium foils BUT it's totally washable, reusable, easy to store and will save you a small fortune. Moreover you can use it in your microwave (you can't do that with aluminium).

MisterLove Wrote:These gadgets look great but you guys seem to be forgetting that fundamental word: STORAGE. My kitchen is small and there is no way it could acommodate all these gadgets.

Anyway, I have another one and it's great: it's just a white piece of baking paper but it's wonderful. It can replace your regular aluminium foils BUT it's totally washable, reusable, easy to store and will save you a small fortune. Moreover you can use it in your microwave (you can't do that with aluminium).

Ive heard of that, I forget what its called though.
They have something like it that can be used for a cutting board....its pliable and can be used on any surface. The knife wont go through it either, and it can be used as a flat surface for making cookies or rolling out pastries too.

Here is one Im sure BA has in his kitchen......

[Image: B000KZ4ASI.jpg]

Guys you are a bunch of NERD! NERD! NERD! XD

How about some "art fridges"?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlEsxg1qPIJu1_tjMP1Li...mRXcy07o6w]

My savior:

[Image: krups_vivo_f880_home_espresso_maker.jpg]

The one I have is a bit older, but I still love it....