Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loving Yourself: Part of your body that you hate but now appreciate or love?
Teeth is the first thing that comes to mind. I had terrible teeth growing up and once out of college dumped all the money I could make into braces and later cosmetic dentistry. I have a hard time with smiling as I spent most of my life avoiding it. Even with all the work I'm still frustrated by them. I had n agreement with my orthodontist that I'd go get some cosmetic work done (I've got a couple vaneers to fix short teeth) which meant my retainer didn't fit anymore as those 2 teeth are proper size. Thing is it took a month for the proper vaneers to come in so my teeth shifted all about. My ortho poked them a few times and said YAY THEY'RE AWESOME NOW! even though they're still helter skelter. I went back time and time again dumping $100 a time to get it fixed and they're still crooked. It's a few years later and I'm now going to see another ortho to see if he can get them shimmied up and proper. Here is hoping!

The fat part.
I bid NO Trump!

As far as things I hated that I've grown to accept, I guess just my face in general. I used to hate pretty much everything about my face, but I've kind of learned to just accept it. My main worry was always my nose, but I've actually grown to like it now. Still hate the dark circles under my eyes, but there doesn't really seem to be any non-surgical way for me to fix them, so I've just got to deal with it.

One thing that still gets me down is, like a few people above have mentioned, definitely my teeth. As I was growing up they were relatively perfect, apart from one that protruded ever-so slightly. I tried to have it dealt with there and then, but my dentist refused to give me braces because the rest of my teeth were fine, and according to him the protrusion wasn't going to get any worse. Shockingly enough, he was completely wrong - the tooth got worse, and created gaps in the teeth around it - and it wasn't until I reached 18 (and was thus no longer eligible for free braces) that my dentist informed me that "braces could totally fix it". *sigh*

My nose, i want a small nose Sad :frown:

Where to start?
I hate the skin on my face. Dozens of perverted oil glands make ugly permanent pimples on my face. I've tried to get rid of them with the help of my dermatologist but those suckers come back. All the small scars from squeezing pimples since puberty don't help either.

My upper arms are covered in scars because I squeeze every pimple so long until it's a bloody mess and scratch off the scabs because there could be pus underneath for weeks. I only let it heal when I'm working on a different spot...

Yes, I know I have "problems", but there's no surgery for them. Only meds that help sometimes...
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I hate my entire body but I like the eyes, my eyesight is excellent and I'm the only one in my family that doesn't wear glasses.

I'm also proud of my hair, it's nothing special but I was able to defeat baldness thanks to the right medication.

Thanks guys! Confusedmile: I also encourage other members to share and keep it coming.

I always hated my ass... too big! Which my partner says is like a woman complaining that her breasts are too big. Annnnd point taken ..

Anyway, this year after getting into pretty good shape, I think we've finally made peace Smile

JackBoneTX Wrote:I always hated my ass... too big! Which my partner says is like a woman complaining that her breasts are too big. Annnnd point taken ..

Anyway, this year after getting into pretty good shape, I think we've finally made peace Smile

Dude... as president of the GS Ass Appreciation and Worship Club you must be warned complaining about having a big ass is a felony. We are some serious butt fiends in here. If you don't believe it... just do a search for all threads with the word CRACK in the title....

.....and congratulations from a guy with a teeny midget butt that gets pointed at and makes people laugh.

When I was 19 yrs I was diagnoised with a lung condition and they had to do a rib-resection (removing 3 ribs) to remove the affected part of my left lung. It left a big sacar and without the ribs there, the skin over my heart "beats".
It drove me crazy for years, I have come to terms with it, I don't like it, but I have learned to live with it.
~Beaux