Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loving Yourself: Part of your body that you hate but now appreciate or love?
Beaux Wrote:When I was 19 yrs I was diagnoised with a lung condition and they had to do a rib-resection (removing 3 ribs) to remove the affected part of my left lung. It left a big sacar and without the ribs there, the skin over my heart "beats".
It drove me crazy for years, I have come to terms with it, I don't like it, but I have learned to live with it.
~Beaux

gah that's tough. glad to hear you made peace with that and i feel extra dumb about my butt now >.>

Virge Wrote:Dude... as president of the GS Ass Appreciation and Worship Club you must be warned complaining about having a big ass is a felony. We are some serious butt fiends in here. If you don't believe it... just do a search for all threads with the word CRACK in the title....

.....and congratulations from a guy with a teeny midget butt that gets pointed at and makes people laugh.

i would have probably let you have some of it before this year.. like an ass-transplant. crap, i'm in violation again...

I used to hate my hair. Boring dark-blond colour and incredibly thick and unruly.
Then I let it grow out a little bit and started forcing it back, using lots of wax and hairspray to keep it in place and I came to love it. It's me! The buckets of wax and cans of hairspray don't hold it in place, but the natural way it falls out of its unnaturally assigned position appeals to me. I look gorgeous. I'd invite myself out for a date and take myself home for the fuck of a lifetime after.
Narcissus much? I'm just kidding.

I also kinda hate my ass. Although I'm not just referring to my cheeks, I mean the entire bone structure. It's like my ass struts out too much. My husbear likes it though, so I guess I've come to like it too, since I've met him. <3

Radbot42 Wrote:I hate me teeth. They aren't crooked, but there are gaps. My dentist always says they look so good and straight. I've never needed braces but there are gaps.

I used to have a gap between my front teeth, and I inherited it from my Dad. I decided to get Invisalign and after 17 months (and nearly $6k) my teeth are now perfectly straight. But, even now that I have perfect teeth I still cant make myself smile because in my mind that gap is still there.

JackBoneTX Wrote:I always hated my ass... too big! [...]

Comment is useless without pics Wink

MisterLove Wrote:Comment is useless without pics Wink

i may have to take one soon. you know, for posterior's sake.

Shakin

I hate my hair because it became thin & grey with age. I hate my eyes because they now require glasses for me to see properly. I hate my heels because they now have cracks. I hate my skin because it's old and weathered. I hate my chin because it has sagging old skin below it. I hate my teeth because they were replaced with dentures. I hate that my muscles have given in to gravity and shifted downward....

But,,,,, I love being the boring old worn out me because I had fun along the way... And,, that grumpy old man who I found 39 years ago is still here - making my life miserable and happy at the same time.

So,,,, cheers to all the guys & girls at GS. You put a smile on my face even when it's sagging !!!!!

Jim
We Have Elvis !!

Well, I used to have reservations about my face, but after a while, I found myself liking. It's kinda round and child-like. Kinda cute. In my opinion, at least.
Honestly, I'm not sure if my objections ever had anything to do with the look of my face or some other thing. Doesn't matter now, I suppose.

jimcrackcorn Wrote:I hate my hair because it became thin & grey with age. I hate my eyes because they now require glasses for me to see properly. I hate my heels because they now have cracks. I hate my skin because it's old and weathered. I hate my chin because it has sagging old skin below it. I hate my teeth because they were replaced with dentures. I hate that my muscles have given in to gravity and shifted downward....

But,,,,, I love being the boring old worn out me because I had fun along the way... And,, that grumpy old man who I found 39 years ago is still here - making my life miserable and happy at the same time.

So,,,, cheers to all the guys & girls at GS. You put a smile on my face even when it's sagging !!!!!

Jim

Your reply reminded me of this:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson

JackBoneTX Wrote:gah that's tough. glad to hear you made peace with that and i feel extra dumb about my butt now >.>

i would have probably let you have some of it before this year.. like an ass-transplant. crap, i'm in violation again...

Thanks for the kind ass transplant offer -- which would require you to have ass reduction surgery which is illegal. As far as my teeny midget butt goes it's not a matter of me liking the way it looks. It's a matter of my guy liking it. He talks about it like it's a cute cuddly puppy that needs so I'm going along with that game plan. Don't fix what's not broke.

Virge, I just looked at your profile to check. How can a guy that is 6' 6" have a tiny ass? It may seem so to you, but to us midgetarians it just can't be. I call disingenuity!

PS: What is your shoe size? And no, that is not the reason I want to know.
I bid NO Trump!