Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower the post requrirement...
Petition is up and running!
thepetitionsite.com/1/gayspeakcom-lower-the-post-requirement

-Sorry i dont have the post requirement to post the full link, aw the irony.

WhitesnoW Wrote:Petition is up and running!

As a matter of interest, why did you feel you needed to take such a dramatic course of action? Did you actually try writing to the site owner/administrator and presenting a reasoned argument?

Easy for me to say, perhaps, but I didn't always have this number of posts to my name. We see a lot of people come and go within a number of weeks. If I were a web forum administrator I might actually have a reason for wanting to restrict the amount of storage space given over to signatures and the like - specially if I were funding the whole project myself with only minimal contributions from a few of the users. Wink

Great point, but you have to say even with the bigger forums the post count on Here is ridiculous. Yes, we need feed back from both sides.

Is posting pictures that important?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Speaking of posts Fred.
Congrats on hitting the big 1000:biggrin:
Sorry its a little late!:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

WhitesnoW Wrote:Petition is up and running!

Hey Whitesnow! Big welcome to the site! :biggrin:

WOW OMG anarchy! Laugh2

Sorry I've been away for a bit! Can't beleive you went to so much trouble making a petition... :eek:

Originally set the limit to 100 to stop signature spammers... people who only sign up and just make one post advertising their sites! :frown: I've lowered it to 50 now! (good compromise?)

marshlander Wrote:As a matter of interest, why did you feel you needed to take such a dramatic course of action? Did you actually try writing to the site owner/administrator and presenting a reasoned argument?

Easy for me to say, perhaps, but I didn't always have this number of posts to my name. We see a lot of people come and go within a number of weeks. If I were a web forum administrator I might actually have a reason for wanting to restrict the amount of storage space given over to signatures and the like - specially if I were funding the whole project myself with only minimal contributions from a few of the users. Wink

Thanx Marsh!

Yeah, I would have got back to you pronto mama if you sent me a PM or email! Wink

Genersis Wrote:Speaking of posts Fred.

Hey Fred! Yeah, congrats on reaching 1000 posts! The congratulations script I made didn't work for you - for some strange reason! Cry

Andy x
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Genersis Wrote:Speaking of posts Fred.

Andy Wrote:Hey Fred! Yeah, congrats on reaching 1000 posts! The congratulations script I made didn't work for you - for some strange reason! Cry

Andy x

Actually, I didn't know that I had broken through the magic 1000 as I now view the forum on my iPhone. However many thanks for the congratulations, I now feel like a very minor celebrity. Andy, never mind about the script I am touched you wrote it.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Thanks Andy that's awesome ! Good compromise indeed Big Grin

50 is fine, I think the 100 made some people not bother returning to the forum after a few posts as they felt they would not be able to post properly until reaching the threshold.

Thanks for listening to our opinions and taking fair action!