Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering Sex Drive
First things first - a little sexual release is healthy; studies have shown (will supply evidence) that masterbation/ejaculation at least once a week is supportive in reducing prostate cancer... this is not a coldcut rule, only that it is similar to a form of excercise for your body, keeping it in check and 'serviced'. If you're talking about health, total abstinence is not the way to go.

Reducing your sex drive is an impossible task, as some have mentioned here. Changing your reaction to your impulses however is entirely possible. Fenris mentioned meditative techniques, you can make associations with negative memories when tempted and press a part of your body to remind you of these feelings (although forming negative associations with sex can be a downward spiral).

I would suggest a period of abstinence until you really feel ready again, it sounds like you have some issues currently that physicality is just not helping. You may need some mental stimulation outside of your own personal feelings, and I would advise expanding your mind both as distraction and as a mental break from the constant idea of sex.

Hope this helps, vague as it sounds.

Sil Wrote:First things first - a little sexual release is healthy;

Not for me it isn't.

Sil Wrote:Reducing your sex drive is an impossible task, as some have mentioned here.

In that case, I'm sorry I made this thread.

Anonymous Wrote:Let's say, moral AND health reasons.

Are we talking about consenting adults?

WRONG I reduced my sex drive by more than half

Anonymous Wrote:Not for me it isn't.

In that case, I'm sorry I made this thread.

Can you explain? I'm sure you're not exclusive to the human race. I'm saying that it is not essential but beneficial to your overall health and well-being unless you are suffering a physcial disorder.

I hope you didn't take this as a barbed comment! I'm simply stating that you will naturally experience sexual desire, it is only your reaction to it that you can control, it's a battle of wording and semantics. Nothing to apologise for Rolleyes

I think Fenris put it best - longer periods of abstinence, much like quitting smoking, will eventually put you in a position where you become accustomed to restraining yourself and going without.

Thank you sil and fenn that is how i reduced my sex drive over 5 years

eastofeden Wrote:Are we talking about consenting adults?

I am a virgin.

Sil Wrote:Can you explain? I'm sure you're not exclusive to the human race. I'm saying that it is not essential but beneficial to your overall health and well-being unless you are suffering a physcial disorder.
No, I cannot explain. It is neither beneficial to my health or well-being. Maybe for others, but not for me.

Sil Wrote:I think Fenris put it best - longer periods of abstinence, much like quitting smoking, will eventually put you in a position where you become accustomed to restraining yourself and going without.

I do that. I masturbate at most twice a week. And I will admit it has helped bring the drive down. I was just hoping to learn something new I could try.

Thanks anyway, everyone.

Maybe anonymous is in the priesthood (or in prison?) and is finding things difficult... If the church requires celibacy, it says nothing about keeping your tubes working... (I know masturbation is sometimes seen as unhealthy, but then the church shouldn't ask for celibacy if it doesn't want its priests to masturbate). The lowering of your sex drive will probably come with age as well. But keeping healthy is really what matters. Bromide is supposed to bring your sex drive down. They give it to soldiers and they give it to people who've just had surgery on their penises, such as a circumcision... You could ask your doctor for something to reduce it... But then s/he might ask you why you need to lower it.

This is a bit of a puzzling thread... lower your sex drive and even get rid of it? Personally, I can't see it ever working. Good luck on this.

Anonymous Wrote:1.) I am a virgin.

2.) No, I cannot explain. It is neither beneficial to my health or well-being. Maybe for others, but not for me.

3.) I do that. I masturbate at most twice a week. And I will admit it has helped bring the drive down. I was just hoping to learn something new I could try.

Thanks anyway, everyone.

1.) sorry to be a grouch but I remember a good few posts of you commenting on your sex life and things that had been happening to you. What is the real truth here?

2.) Biologically speaking - Yes it is, much as you would like to not believe it... You are seemingly experiencing some guilt and emotional issues regarding sex and masterbation. If you can be honest about these reasons we will be in a much better position to comment and help. At present we are having to fill in a lot of theories. Sex helps raise levels of endorphins (feel good chemicals) whilst masterbation has been proven to be an aid in reducing the possibility of prostate cancer.

3.) Sorry to be mean but I feel like I'm butting heads over this. If you are going to go against biological facts without any explanation it's going to be incredibly hard to offer real advice. If it's too personal than I would highly recommend Prince's suggestion of bromide as a possibility, or looking at reducing your levels of testosterone by some other means (possibly speaking to a doctor)