Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucid Dreaming
I couldn't find another thread on this topic and so I decided to start one myself. Smile

Managing to experience one is an idea that has been stuck on my head for a long time.

I've tried several different "techniques" on lucid dreaming but none of them worked.

Do you think that lucid dreams are just an legend or maybe a random state that can't be achieved consciously. Or a type of dream that you can experience by wanting to.

What are your thoughts on this?

I've managed it a couple of times, waking from a dream just sufficiently to be aware enough to make decisions about what I want to happen next and then falling back to sleep.

There's nothing mystical about it, but in my case it was hugely entertaining. I think you can buy alarms that detect the onset of REM sleep and alert you so that you can wake sufficiently to try to direct your dreams. Drink and drugs may help too but they come with a hefty downside.

They're rare for most people. I assume you mean the dreams where you are in complete control of yourself?
I didn't know they were considered legendary, mystical or mythical. But I guess it's not surprising either.

cardiganwearer Wrote:I've managed it a couple of times, waking from a dream just sufficiently to be aware enough to make decisions about what I want to happen next and then falling back to sleep.

There's nothing mystical about it, but in my case it was hugely entertaining. I think you can buy alarms that detect the onset of REM sleep and alert you so that you can wake sufficiently to try to direct your dreams. Drink and drugs may help too but they come with a hefty downside.

Every time I was able to realize that "You are sleeping now", I was being chased or was in any type of danger. So the only thing I was capable of doing was to just remind myself that I was asleep something that resulted in me immediately waking up in terror. :redface:

And also, no drugs nor alcohol, thanks! :p

I made myself have the ability to fly in a dream once.
Of course it was over a vast wasteland of dead trees, with a hotel in the middle of it.
LOL

Genersis Wrote:They're rare for most people. I assume you mean the dreams where you are in complete control of yourself?
I didn't know they were considered legendary, mystical or mythical. But I guess it's not surprising either.

Yeah, that'll be in my dreams.

I choose when I have them. But I have lots of dreams anyways. I find that in the morning when I can go back to sleep easy I dream the best. The other night I decided to fly over the sea and have dolphins swimming around.

I usually wake up right when it happens.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I've never really understood this idea, pretty much all my dreams at least have a period of "lucidity" where I'm in control, so the idea of not being able to influence my dreams seems a little odd to me.

I mean, I'm not always in control, but I always become aware that I'm dreaming at some point... and once that point occurs, I can pretty much decide what I do - although the setting and cast of my dream are usually relatively set by that point.

I've heard a few people say they need to find a trigger, something they can see in their dream that lets them know it's a dream... or something like that. And once they see this thing it kind of clicks for them and they can do what they like.

I remember my father said he "trained himself" to do it, so I'm guessing it's probably something you can influence?

Lucid dreams are awesome plain & simple Smile