Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MANHUNT supports the Republicans with your money!
Yes, that's right, one of the fat cat co-owners donated to the Republican party in hopes Macain/Palin would win. He is a staunch republican and all manhunt is to him is a cash cow & he doesnt care about gay rights, they are taking your pink money and yet not lifting a finger to help with issues in fact quite the opposite!

In fact, they are displacing the gay community as more and more young people follow their motto of "log on, get off" besides anonymous sex, users are kept isolated, closeted and without community except via their credit card through manhunt inc..

MANHUNT exists solely to enrich its two fat old Boston owners, who exploit the gay community like bar owners of old who didn't care if they made alcoholics out of gay men as long as their bar's profits just rolled in.

Ohhhh yes, I can hear it now, here comes their canned speech about how much they have done with funds this and that when in reality its been a tactic for show and can you say tax right off?? They are a typical corporation, preying on its payees and giving nothing back.

Forget sites like MANHUNT, they're users and little else, and are precisely the sort of sexually-compulsive thing that our detractors point to when they want to defeat equal rights for GLBT people. The success of sites like MANHUNT equals success for people like the Mormons and the hateful Roman Catholic cleric who brought the LDS into the California proposition question in the first place.

Treat them all like the pariahs they deserve to be and try to make us out to be.

PLEASE DON'T GIVE THEM A DIME, if you feel like going there USE THEM FOR FREE and dont be bullied into giving up your credit card with their tactics like blocking you from accessing your email etc for number of hours.

**My friend dared speak out about their negative marketing tactics and his profile was completely changed to one word:

"pathetic" --and his picture

and he was locked out of his own account forever therafter.

very professional! very mature!!

It took him several attempts to have his account closed.

Beware of that shallow black hole.

Eyeopener,

First this news isn't new, it's months old! Its founders (who as far as I am aware still own it) were Jonathan Crutchley and his partner (in life as well as in business) Larry Basile. I think it is less than astonishing to find that a couple of buisnessmen created the site to make profit for themsleves. Crutchley is a Republican, Basile a Democrat. Crutchley did donate to McCain's campaign, Basile to Obama's, Crutchley's donation was subsequently returned by the McCain campaign. I think your comment about not caring at all about gay rights is a little unfair. Firstly, as rich gay men they have a great deal of self-interest into how gays are discriminated against by the tax system. Secondly, both McCain and Obama oppose gay marriage for religious reasons, though they differed greatly in the tone of their rhetoric about gay rights their actual policy differences were much smaller. (I am sure that Crutchley has not been surprised by the near deafening silence about gay rights from the Obama White House.) Thirdly, significant campaign contributions (particularly with the possibility of more in the future) do buy influence, had McCain won and his campaign not felt it necessary to return Crutchley's donation then Crutchley may have been able to help influence President McCain not to follow the wishes of the Religious Right. I would agree that both of them could have cared more about gay rights and instead of donating to McCain and Obama could have instead given the money to the campaigners of gay-friendly law makers at both state and federal level, who would be much more likely to actually do more for gay rights than their opponents in the election compared to Obama. (My understanding is that these were personal donations under their own names not corporate donations, so your comments about taxation are not applicable.)

I have never visited ManHunt but from what I hear it is somewhat sleazy and does indeed provide free ammunition for homophobes and I, personally, would rather such sites did not exist. But it truly is a free internet, if its users don't like it they are free to use another site or set-up their own. (For those who wish to read more I suggest here)
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

That's a load of rot. Never really like manhunt. My ex used it

Aside from becoming so arrogant & greedy with bully tactics (its ok to have a for profit sight buyt there is a line when it becomes tacky) to push people into using their credit cards by punishing them in cheesy ways, since they think they basically have the market cornered i guess..

The last straw for me was them changing a detractors profile to just say "pathetic" and lock them out.

That's downright childish.