Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac, Windows or Linux
UGH, ya beat me to it!!!

wonderful Onion hit again... it was on the news here...

I personally prefer windows as it took me an hour to turn on a mac as i couldnt find the port or switch hehe

Arthur.FWT Wrote:Sure, for you, me, and the other geeks! For your average silver-surfer or beginner, not entirely...

Mostly what I mean is that if you have the right kit for it, it's perfect, and really easy to use, I'd let the rawest noob mess about on it without hesitation, it's actually easier and more intuitive than Windows by far. BUT, if you have an issue with, say, a wireless dongle that's not supported and you have to resort to wrapping an XP driver with NDIS, sure there's a GUI for it now but damn man, it's still a heavier deal than most Windows fixes (post '95 anyway) and most people I know would be lost within seconds!

I did love it though, sad that I had to lose it but I had to claw back some HD space and can't be booting into windows the whole time to do music stuff, it was getting counter-productive. Arthur loses +100 geek points. :/

My grandad uses Kubuntu :biggrin:.

I've not had any trouble with drivers on Ubuntu recently, I used to before the 3 most recent versions expecially with the zydas chips, but I do get through a lot of dongles! and had no trouble!!! I found NDIS never worked for me either it pisses me off a lot, haven't tried it recently though have no need to :biggrin:
Seriously if windows bogs me down I boot up kubuntu just to check my emails and stuff, don't have to edit anything it connects with pure simplicity.

Hi there,
Windows vista is a pain the arse at the moment with a few minor problems which should be sorted out as microsoft realease updates and various other issues and problems.. However I am hoping that this goes according to plan and works a treat on getting my game updated when empire interactive get back as me as it says shade model 3.0 error

kindest regards

zeon x

zeon Wrote:I personally prefer windows as it took me an hour to turn on a mac as i couldnt find the port or switch hehe

is this a comment on the man or the machine Wink

Hehe its a comment on the man cant blame a machine... Actually yes i can it is designed like an Egg and with eggs you are never sure where to break them lol

hehe, actually I got ahold of an old mac a couple years back and couldnt find the on button either. I had to call the guy who sold it to me and ask how to turn the thing on Rofl

fjp999 Wrote:hehe, actually I got ahold of an old mac a couple years back and couldnt find the on button either. I had to call the guy who sold it to me and ask how to turn the thing on Rofl

LOL!!! BRILLIANT!!Roflmao Roflmao