Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made the Leap
Congrats .
Really happy for you.

Thanks everyone.
Just a bit of an update:
It feels weird initially coming out. I'm not ashamed by any means but now I know I don't have to hide this part of me from them.

I can sense that my father is still confused and in a bit of shock. He doesn't understand how a man can have feelings for another man. I don't blame him, but it's difficult to explain something that feels so natural to me and foreign to him. He's also worried about people making fun of me or becoming hostile if I came out. He suggested that I not tell other family members. I simply cannot live my whole life sacrificing my inner feelings for the sake of safety or comfort. It will take time I suppose.

My mother seems to be doing ok, which really there is no surprise there. I was more concerned about how my father would take it. Everything has been going well, and life has continued on like it should. There is a lot of progress we need to make as a family, but we will get there.

u know, usually, the son is the father's proud.
no pressure lol :biggrin: