Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major advise needed
h,mk,klkjlkkjk

Act like nothing's wrong. You don't do anything. Check that he's okay from time to time. Joke when it's appropriate. Nothing has changed, I'm sure. He'll talk as he's ready.

Respect his privacy above all.

He trusts you.

Don't gossip.

Just listen.

Any questions you ask should be sincere and earnest.

He needs a friend.

we have another friend that were both really close to in fact he's a bit closer to her, you dont think i should try to get him to tell her? i think she would want to know so she could be there for him.

kel24 Wrote:we have another friend that were both really close to in fact he's a bit closer to her, you dont think i should try to get him to tell her? i think she would want to know so she could be there for him.

Absolutely not.

Don't meddle.

He chose you. Respect that.

Don't do him any favors by managing HIS PERSONAL LIFE.

His life. His decisions. Let others be responsible for gossiping. You be his friend.

its not that im trying to gossip or meddle i just want him to be happy... so basically i should just sit back and do nothing until he mentions it again?

kel24 Wrote:its not that im trying to gossip or meddle i just want him to be happy... so basically i should just sit back and do nothing until he mentions it again?

I'm pretty sure--no, I'm quite convinced--that's EXACTLY what he had in mind when he chose to share this with YOU.

ok thank yall so much! i really had no idea what the right thing to do but ill just go on with life until he needs me again

You can bring the subject up in private, but be respectful. I don't think you should encourage him to tell others (although I happen to think that it is a good idea), just support him if/when he's ready to do so (and this includes the other friend that you think he's closer to)

When I came out I got a range of reactions from many people. Some people chose to accept it and promptly ignore it. One showed me their closet (which he's now left after seeing how accepting our mutual friends were of me coming out). Most mention it from time-to-time and one is good at pointing me in the direction of pro-gay news stories and one straight friend gets very curious about the mechanics when he's had a few drinks (lots of questions, nothing more). I'm now at the point where I don't hide it, although I don't make a big deal of it either and everyone knows they can talk as much or as little as they like in whatever company.

In any case, I'd take your lead from him on this one. It's his life and he obviously trusts you to be there for him regardless of the pace he wants to go at.