Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making app for bi and gay people
Hey guys, I'm bisexual guy and I've had some problems finding guys online, but more like quick hook up, I hate chatting and wasting days on chatting and browsing, I usually like to meet people in the moment and see what are they really like.

Sometimes I'm in the mood right now to meet someone, to hook up, cuddle or flirt (before losing my will) and I couldn't find the app that solves that problem. But since I'm a programmer I created the app. It's simple, you have the map and you put your pin on the map, for example if you are in the bar and other people can see your pin and you can see their pins too and you can send requests to each other and you have only 1 hour to chat and meet in the bar or somewhere else.

What do you think about it?

I mean I guess it would work in populated places...Doesn't really help those who live in rural places but that's par for the course anyway...

I think the problem is that there are so many hook-up apps already the market has become a bit saturated...as with many things these days...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

There are many hook-up apps, that's true, but most of them are not quite accurate or in real time. Apps I've used like Tinder or Grindr I had to wait until someone matches me, then chatting went for too long or they were far away from me

you'll have a lot of competition. Grindr and Hornet are 2 apps I am familiar with and I know there are several more that do the same thing in a different way.

Your app sounds like it fits in this category....same thing but different way.

Well it's designed to force people to meet in person by not allowing them to chat or browse the map (where people are located) for too long, all messages and requests are removed after one hour.

Snapchat for people huh?

No way you'd get enough people on at once to keep an early user happy. Even in a big city.

With a social app you gotta retain enough early users to lure in more users and get the ball rolling.

So while it sounds like a really cool app it could never get off the ground business wise.

I agree, I mean that's the same with every app, you need users to get new users, even if it is simple upload and share images app, if nobody wants to share or view your images, no use for it then