Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making friends
Thanks for all the replies guys, I meant to reply like 6 hours ago when I finally managed to read all the replies, but I just got back from watching Victor Frankenstein movie with this new friend, well. that was our first meeting after chatting online a while. Anyway,here it goes.

[MENTION=21156]Anocxu[/MENTION] I think partially I am to blame. I just suck at making small talks, or anything other than deep stuff. I don't think it's practical to always have a conversation about, let say, the meaning of life, lol, but that's where I shine.

[MENTION=14517]trywait[/MENTION] Thanks buddy, but here I am, getting anxious over nothing. Sigh.

[MENTION=23097]Insertnamehere[/MENTION] Suds,I kinda understand that as I do hate crowds, with few exceptions like concert or digital malls. I don't know, for me, online or IRL doesn't make any different. It's the same obstacle. Ah, that little chat bar is the devil to me,LOL. Most of the time I put offline, but not recently though. I'm now using Tapatalk most of the time as it's very much lighter and convenient as I AM always hooked to my phone to begin with, so I guess people can't chat with me from that bar. I've been to the chat room only once,like last 2 years, it scared the crap out of me too cause it's like meeting a group of people. I'm better at 1-to-1, but of course, depends on the level of interest from both parties to keep the conversation going. Thanks for the kind words man, honestly you're one of the people that I enjoy playing word games with. Your little outrage got me cackled all the time. :p

[MENTION=22727]Cridders88[/MENTION] Thanks Si. I enjoy your presence in the word games too. You're such a cute guy with a very nice personality, I got nervous just talking casually to you there,haha. Btw, I might have joined the forum in 2013, but I have come and left quite a number of time, I just didn't delete my account out of convenient. This is like my 4th time coming back here I think. I guess I still haven't gotten to the point of chatting with people on the chat bar or joining the chatroom, which apparently the time for people to be on there can be very random. I think I've gotten passed getting nervous about posting in the main forum though. Weirdly enough, I'm totally okay with meeting new people IRL, like that guy I just met tonight. Skyping can still be nerve-wracking, but I've enjoyed previous experiences, so I guess that's another barrier I overcame. Aww, of course, I'll stick around, this is why I made this thread to begin with. Smile

[MENTION=14580]CellarDweller[/MENTION] Thanks Chuck! I do do that,don't I? Sometimes I wish somebody could just shut my brain so I don't overthink stuff.

[MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION] Thanks Axle, I've heard that before. "Put yourself out there". Gosh,I wish I understand where's "there" actually mean,lol. Oh,hell no am I becoming extroverted. I love the company of myself and mine alone too much,lmao! Btw, I can't believe you got an infraction, you're like one of the nicest guy I've seen here!

[MENTION=20738]TwisttheLeaf[/MENTION] Hey Twist, we may have never talked one-on-one, but I have asked for some advice from [MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION] when I was seeing a guy last time. And I got some really good advice from you too when I posted as Anonymous in the past. You both have been very helpful to me, and your relationship is the envy here too! Well, I don't know if it is a defense mechanism, I just find it really hard to keep a conversation interesting enough to make that first bond. And it gets harder to maintain that bond too. Thus, perhaps why I avoid making that bond at all for a long time.

[MENTION=20947]MikeW[/MENTION] Thanks Mike. It was a tough decision to not post anonymously. God, I love clicking that anonymous option, it gives me this barrier that I feel safe to be behind. Nah, it's not you that's not paying close enough attention, I don't think anybody could have known, which is the point of this thread, for me to communicate better.

Quote:I've bolded a couple things. When ever we have feelings or presumptuous such as these, it is best to check them out. There may very well be some truth to the observation, but it may also be that we're making it out to be more than it is.

That's what I always do,making things more than it is.

Quote:As for "how to do it"... think of it as "playing". Playing at finding ways of being entertaining. You may fail. You may feel totally stupid. But that's part of the game. I think most people who engage in chit-chat just don't take themselves or anything said overly seriously. Doing so changes he whole dynamic.

Ah, I suck at this. When I was little, I guess it was easier as I literally made friends from playing together. Though that didn't last long as after I got in primary/grade school and I got bullied to the point of being anti social. I don't think that bullying still has any effect till now, but I guess it all started there. Thanks for the advice Mike, being one of the few wisest guy still left here, I'm glad to actually get your attention even if you were sleepy. Smile

[MENTION=21041]Jay[/MENTION] Man, I really appreciate that invitation! You've been very helpful and friendly to me since the earliest time I joined GS. Sure, I'll drop a message if I go down to KL, which I'm thinking of going around this Christmas as a friend invited me over, but we'll see.

Ah, seriously, I feel like I embarrassed myself posting this thread. Apparently lots of people here experience the same stuff. Please don't treat me super nicely just because of this thread, I do have to maintain the image of an avid hoe you know, though I'm terribly bad at it. Supergrin

Ah, don't feel embarrassed Alfred, you're among friends here. Yeah, a few people feel similar and have similar issues, but you have just chosen to communicate it in a post, which is a good thing. It's best not to bottle things up. So don't feel embarrassed Smile

I'll treat you the same way as I treat everyone, with kindness and respect, that isn't going to change because you have decided to open up to us Smile. The only time that stops is when someone has behaved in a way towards me or people close to me that has made me lose that respect for them. I respect you for opening up to us about how you are feeling.

Big hugs Smile

Well the reason why I got an infraction was because I gave someone an infraction and rightly so too....
I think that's the problem with the system... anyway I digress...

It was embarrassing some of the questions I posted anonymously, but at the time thought it was needed. That's ok, I've made use of it and so have others, no shame in it at all.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Aww...Relax.I use to feel a similar level of anxiety when I'd now joined but it got better as time went by.
Plus, we have a pleasant environment here so don't pressure yourself... Wink
Bighug

@Alfred I sent you a PM