Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making the friend-->dating switch
That night sounds sweet :tongue: but the "if you are lucky" is really making one confused and perturbed...
pardon me I am not experienced that much to help, but I want to know how it goes and wish it the best!

Thanks for the comments of "sweet" and such.

I'm still not completely sure of myself though - and waiting it out until tomorrow to contact my friend+ again is agonizing!

I'm beginning to wonder - because he doesn't seem the sort to play "hard to get" (I honestly thought that was more of a "girl" thing anyway), but is it more likely that the "if you're lucky" line was him teasing me? I'm more of the dominant one in the friendship-hopefully-to-be-relationship, i.e. we can both tell I'm going to be the one making most of the advances (and after the movie, this is the case!), I'll be the "big spoon", etc. Nevertheless, I think he's a bit of a flirt, and we'll often make suggestive comments to one another without restraint. But he's never really "teased" me before.

Does this sound like that?

I take that "If you're lucky" to mean "If you pursue me, I won't run too far or too fast." That's a good thing, said with humor and, something I'd say in that tone letting them know I wanted them to chase me and, I wanted to be caught, i just want to play a bit and, not go too fast.

I'd make the next move and ask him out again, someplace mildly romantic but not over the top, or have him over for a movie or shared activity at home. Don't push for sex yet by any means but, I think cuddles, hugs and kisses are okay. Hell, text him a hug or kiss or cuddle image just to say you are thinking about him and, like thinking about him.

No doubt he is as scared and nervous as you about taking your relationship beyond friends. Be patient with each other, but, don't give up either. You both need time to accept that it might just work, you are not going to loose a friend and, just maybe you won't get hurt this time.

We are all human and, we all have baggage form the past, insecurities, things we see as near deal breaking flaws and short comings and, we are all harder on ourselves that we are on others. Be patient with him, he seems to be doing that for you. Just keep the flirts and cuddles going and, I think you will both get there.

Unfortunately there isn't really a standard specified waiting time between relationships. It really depends on the two people starting the new one. My advice would be to tread carefully. I don't have any experience with relationships myself, but I do have a lot of experience with the aftermaths of them.

I'd say you should go slow, if he wants to go slow, but make sure you keep yourself guarded during that time. Something about this doesn't seem right to me, but take what I say with a grain of salt.

If I was lucky enough to get a second chance with a recently single guy that liked me - I would move a little more quickly. I would set the pace of the relationship based on the way me and the guy felt and not on any other arbitrary boundaries. I guess I don't see any magic in waiting two weeks. Is something special going to happen to you in two weeks time? If so then sure wait, why not, but I don't see it, personally.

Best of luck.

Thanks for all the support, guys... and as it turns out, yep, he was teasing me!

So everything is good Smile

He's flirting with you, and thats a very positive sign Smile

Sounds to me like the the date was a success, congrats.

Now start planning the next one....

ObW
x