Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making up for being too clingy
Do you think if you've ever been too clingy in a relationship, giving it some time and silence can make up for it?

Im sort of in a relationship with someone , we have feelings for each other but i realized that i was probably being too clingy recently and sort of figured out its best to sort of keep my space even in a relationship and sort of maintain a good sense of myself.

I wrote this out before my ipad deleted it and it sort of made more sense earlier and im kind of high, but basically im trying to say that i realized its good to keep busy with all different things even if itd somethiing like an episode of twin peaks or smething lol and maintain a good sense of self when were not near by and it helps to be invested in all different thngs and be independent i guess. 

Any thoughts on this topic?

Any ideas on this would be awesome. Thanks for reading. Confusedmile:

as for what i was doing - sending too many emails and i realized its much better to just be investedin the here and now whereever i am and nt worry about some emails or whatever.

Hmmm....I used to hear alot of guys talk about this alot and my advice to them was always to just ask. It is hard to know what other people are thinking unless you ask. I think alot of it depends on timing and chemistry.

Anonymous Wrote:Do you think if you've ever been too clingy in a relationship, giving it some time and silence can make up for it?
I'm not sure silence is better. I think it would confuse the other person.

I think the important thing is being aware and controlling your impulse. Quality over quantity. Wink Just slow down and give the person breathing space.

azulai Wrote:I'm not sure silence is better. I think it would confuse the other person.

I think the important thing is being aware and controlling your impulse. Quality over quantity. Wink Just slow down and give the person breathing space.

What would be cool to say tho? I feel like apologizing would sound more clingy :confused:

I guess saying sorry is probably a good idea for me actually. Ive slowed down a lot but i sent him a emssage that i love him recently and i feel like not that i want to take it back but say somethng more open/down to earth too just so he doesnt feel weird about it if i said too much. Its my first relationshipi really felt for but i guess its a little confusing to me sometimes lol. Just gonna take it really slow from now on.

Of course clinginess is rarely appealing, but I would say that you might consider letting him know what you've decided while affirming that you feel the same way about him. Well done for being prepared to tackle this difficult situation.

Good luck.