Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Male Grooming - Fake tanning without looking like an orange or a douche
Hey guys,

In my quest to better myself and improve my looks I have gone down the route of self tanning without the aid of a sun bed but with the dreaded SELF TANNING cream as most men seem to think of it. So many people men and women can get fake tanning so wrong and end up looking like little oranges running around but I have been using a product so fantastic it makes me look like I've been on holiday and totally natural in comparison with my natural skin colour.

After trying out loads of products this week such as men's No7, Fake Bake and St Tropez I have found that the best product out there is Loreal Men expert Hydra Energetic Holiday Look. Seriously its amazing, it's for nearly all skin types and gives you a healthy glow without looking nuclear orange. It is also an amazing moisturiser for men.

Now most of you may think eugghh fake tan, that's really effeminate and you will look like an orange, I once thought that until I wanted to improve the quality of my skin. If you want a healthy glow and make you look alive during winter give it a go but bear these things in mind.

1) use a tanning product specifically for men.
2) follow the instructions to the letter to avoid disasters.
3) use a product which compliments your skin tone and not one that will make people question your ethnicity.
4) don't over use the product or you will be orange.

If you follow these rules you will be able to fake tan successfully and manage to look and feel good. Personally I have had numerous comments of whether I have been on holiday and that I look really good. It's really made me smile this week.

I hope this is helpful off anyone else wishes to try fake tanning. :-)

Mrk2010

mrk2010 Wrote:... I have found that the best product out there is Loreal Men expert Hydra Energetic Holiday Look. Seriously its amazing, Now most of you may think eugghh fake tan ...
my initial thought is how to be kind/considerate on this

mrk2010 Wrote:... Now most of you may think eugghh fake tan, that's really effeminate and ...
not my first thought, not even a distant third.

sooo Japanese; a healthy glow w/o looking nuclear orange

Hehe who doesn't want to look like a carrot? :biggrin:

Go to Thailand, the trip might be expensive, but everything is cheap and you will get a natural tan Smile
Other ways isn't there Solarium where you can get a tan?
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Zet Wrote:Hehe who doesn't want to look like a carrot? :biggrin:

Go to Thailand, the trip might be expensive, but everything is cheap and you will get a natural tan Smile
Other ways isn't there Solarium where you can get a tan?

Oh no I don't do traditional tanning I'm a bit paranoid about UV light and skin cancer an the like, this is just a pod alternative for those who don't want to risk sun damage etc. it's a good alternative and it's made me feel good about myself as I don't look as pasty just natural :-)

Eh be happy with your complexion, adjust your self to suit it Smile
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Zet Wrote:Eh be happy with your complexion, adjust your self to suit it Smile

I agree.

Although, I can see where you're coming from Mrk2010.

Personally, as a person of mixed heritage, colour identity is something we struggle with for a very long period of time. You look at mommy, she's white, you look at daddy, he's black, you look at yourself, and you don't look like either of them.(skin wise) My skin is very light, but my hair is curly, so it's very confusing .

I find that white people who want to tan to become darker, are trying to emulate something that they are not and that they don't realize how lucky they are.

Black people too, but they can't literally get lighter, without extensive help, but the same rule applies.

Doing it because it looks cool or what not isn't a very good reason, but if it's medical, like you need UV rays from the sun, then have at it.

I'm not chastising, but I just want to show you that, just because it looks cool and all the celebrities are doing it, doesn't always mean it's a good idea.

People sometimes say to me that I have exotic skin, because of it's colour, but that's just the way I was born and I like to stay that way.

I personally like people who are mixed as well, cause we can relate to each other, but people of their natural colour is also a major thumbs up. Those guys on the jersey shore may look hot, but all those chemicals and what not are going to make them age fast.

If you want to tan, I suggest just sitting in the sun for a few hours and if you don't live in an area where the sun comes out that often, than obviously it's not going to work.

Would'nt it be weird to see a white man, with a tan in a place as cold as england or ireland? Just saying :p .

Love yourself the way you are, cause you're beautiful :3 .

There is nothing more beautiful then a natural beauty. Just in comparison to girls, those who rarely use makeup looks very well without it, but girls that are caked in layers and layers of makeup looks so pale, almost sick without they're makeup as they're skin is not use to it.

Just don't end up like
[Image: sweden7.jpg]
To me it just looked like well cooked chicken :biggrin:

Be happy with who you are, don't become to artificial it just looks so wrong.

Zet Wrote:There is nothing more beautiful then a natural beauty. Just in comparison to girls, those who rarely use makeup looks very well without it, but girls that are caked in layers and layers of makeup looks so pale, almost sick without they're makeup as they're skin is not use to it.

Just don't end up like
[Image: sweden7.jpg]
To me it just looked like well cooked chicken :biggrin:

Be happy with who you are, don't become to artificial it just looks so wrong.

Bahahaha I don't look artificial, I just happen to look like I've been on holiday, I'd never over do the fake tan it just looks wrong. :p