Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Male friends?
BrokenFire Wrote:I want to have male friends and I don't want them to see me as a "woman" to flirt with, but as a friend to hang out with them.
Just tell them you're not interested in men and they won't flirt with you.
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.

Hard to advise here. If some straight guy told me "I want to hang out with more gay guys, but I don't want them to hit on me", I'd just tell them to hang out with them, and if they made a move, rebuff them. "I'm not interested in guys sexually." That would presumably stop the present move, but wouldn't preclude anything happening in the future.

But what you're asking goes beyond that a bit. You don't just want to be "off-limits" to them sexually - you want them to accept you as "one of them", as it were. And I just don't have any advice for that. I mean, I hang out with all sorts of people - gay, straight, male, female. And the dynamic does change with whomever I'm hanging out with, based on our interests and personalities. But it's usually along interest lines - I talk sports more with my sports-loving friends, and music more with my music-obsessed friends. I don't have a "gay group" I hang out with, specifically. I can talk about gay stuff with my gay friends, or even my straight friends, and they're cool with it, because we're friends, you know? We can talk about whatever. And I guess I can talk about everything enough that I don't feel a lack. I don't feel like I need - or even especially want - a gay group to talk to. If I do, there's this website, I guess. Smile

I supposed the best move is just go out and make friends. And as those friendships deepen, you can be more of yourself around those people. Rather trite and simply advice, but there it is.

Lex

meridannight Wrote:you're really naive, aren't you?

What do you mean?

rado84 Wrote:Just tell them you're not interested in men and they won't flirt with you.

It doesn't work with most straight chicks more often than not. Why would it work for straight guys?

Hell, I *know* straight guys who have insisted when they've liked a queer or bi woman that "she just needs a good dickin' to get her on the 'right side of the fence'."

BrokenFire Wrote:Thanks for your suggestion but I think I won't stay in this website for long.

I'm sorry to hear that. I would have enjoyed getting to know you better. I really do hope you hang in there longer with people in real life than you do online.
Don't let a little negativity get you down. I'm the good outweighs the bad here.

I wish you the best in whatever you do, BF.

BrokenFire Wrote:What do you mean?

i mean -- that's never gonna happen. straight men see women as to be fucked. that's all there is to it.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:It doesn't work with most straight chicks more often than not. Why would it work for straight guys?

Well... she could always try to intimidate straight guys. The majority of men find it intimidating for a woman to carry a knife or a gun, or both and/or have bigger muscles than they have. Especially the last thing - I've seen the reaction to a woman's muscles myself.
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.

Find guys who won't treat you as an object to hit on.

How? I dunno, you just do it. You put yourself out there and find them. You're going to miss a lot before you hit. There's no magic bullet.

Gain about 150 pounds, don't shave your legs or wear makeup... that sort of thing. Most men won't hit on you then. But, I have to say, you're kind of asking for social reality to not be what it is. I've never been to Italy but the impression I've gotten through the media is that men there have been objectifying women like forever... and probably will continue to do so equally as long.

Good luck, though.