Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man shoots himself over the legalising of gay marriage.
Ekwarph Wrote:Lots of tweets and the french extrem right party are congratulating this guy, as if he died for his country.
In the condition he killed himself, in order to manipulate and to say "gay rights kill me", I won't feel any sorry, I regret.

Now THOSE tweets are pathetic. I figured the old man was mentally ill or had more reasons (like chronic pain, maybe even told he had only a few months to live) to do it and wanted to dress it up as something more "noble" (in his twisted mind), but people tweeting that? That's not a condemnation of gay rights that a condemnation of their own weakness. I thought the right was all about the "suck it up, life is harsh" ideologies, not the "People I don't like are equal to me under the law, waaah, I'm gonna blow my head off!"

Ekwarph Wrote:It's not taking satisfaction but what happens is a full manipulation. Lots of tweets and the french extrem right party are congratulating this guy, as if he died for his country.
In the condition he killed himself, in order to manipulate and to say "gay rights kill me", I won't feel any sorry, I regret.

Have a look at some of the replies in this thread, I didn't target a particular person when I said what I did. Regardless of political views a man took his own life and will leave behind a trail of hurt from family and close friends. Those congratulating this guy clearly have no respect for this him otherwise they would be more saddened by what happened.

No one is asking you to feel sorry for this guy, but some of the responses in this thread are just disgusting and show the true colours of some of those within the lgbt community itself. Emulating the attitudes that others have shown us in the past is not the right way to go about things.

Pix Wrote:Now THOSE tweets are pathetic. I figured the old man was mentally ill or had more reasons (like chronic pain, maybe even told he had only a few months to live) to do it and wanted to dress it up as something more "noble" (in his twisted mind), but people tweeting that? That's not a condemnation of gay rights that a condemnation of their own weakness. I thought the right was all about the "suck it up, life is harsh" ideologies, not the "I don't have total control, waaah, I'm gonna blow my head off!"
I don't jump on the air saying "yees he died blablabla".
I read the letter he wrote before dying. It's just scandalous and pathetic. Moreover, he doesn't have a very clear past and for me he was a bad person, I won't pretend to feel any empathy.

MissingNYC Wrote:Ultimately, I feel truly sorry for anyone, who is so lost, they would take this kind of action.

I agree. The horrible black hearted cynic in me (who loves Bill Hicks by the way) wants to get up and cheer, but death for anyone is tragic. This guy had problems. Clearly he needed help. Violence in any form, be it against ourselves or others, always grows from pain. You have to break to cycle of anger. There's no need to celebrate a man's death.

Empathy is most necessary when it's difficult to find.

Lets just move on and forget about his last act, lets not even give him the statisfaction him of living on in are memories.But we shouldn't celebrate his tragic and sad death, we should just get on with it and let him die as part of the faceless and nameless masses.

Although I won't rejoice in this man's death, I also certainly will not waste a second of compassion for him. In his letter, he makes it clear that he was hoping that his suicide would spark an enormous backlash against the legalization of gay marriage. This speaks of a man with an enormous ego, as well as one who is deeply manipulative and who has an extremely twisted grasp of reality.

Hate-filled, selfish, egocentric, ideologues- These are the people who make up the "immoral minority" who seek to destroy our pride and deliberately turn us into second class citizens. The whole thing just disgusts me.

I won't miss him

Ekwarph Wrote:I don't jump on the air saying "yees he died blablabla".
I read the letter he wrote before dying. It's just scandalous and pathetic. Moreover, he doesn't have a very clear past and for me he was a bad person, I won't pretend to feel any empathy.

Just out of curiosity, what did you think I said? Because I'm just confused by your reply. :confused:

Pix Wrote:Just out of curiosity, what did you think I said? Because I'm just confused by your reply. :confused:

No worries, I read again, I just understood in biaised way, sorry^^

I really feel sorry for him.