Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manhunt...for a relationship...whoever thought
I used Grindr for what most guys do, but lost interest in the casual sex pretty quickly. I have no problem with the apps, as long as people go in with their eyes open, keep it safe, and cut off any conversation as soon as you get uncomfortable for any reason.

Once I recognized a guy there that I knew slightly through mutual friends. Now we have been dating for a month. I uninstalled Grindr from my phone and don't expect to go back to it.

Well, i met my partner of 3 years on Adam4Adam (similar site to Manhunt and Grindr) and unlike so many of the posters on here, i have NO issue with using a "hookup" site to search for a non-sexual date - it worked for me.

If you want to meet a guy for a date, you have to GO to where the guys are. Yes, many are looking for NSA sex at first, but i think there are LOTS of guys on those sites who, despite their "hookup-focused" profile, are open to more. It always makes me smile when guys bash the existence of these sites because they are "only about hooking up" when there's more than enough evidence of guys on all these sites that are looking for MORE than just sex.

In the same way, guys who wail about gay bars being nothing more than meat-markets. I've been going to gay bars for a LONG time and, like anything in life, you get out of a gay bar, what you put into a gay bar. If you go there looking to meet prince charming, lock eyes, fall madly in love and live happily ever after - you're living a pipe dream - and you're going to be really disappointed, thus the "gay bars are only for guys who want to hookup for meaningless sex" mindset. Can you go to a bar with the goal of hooking up? Yep. Are there guys doing that every day? Yep. Are ALL the guys at EVERY gay bar only there to have meaningless sex? NO NO NO! When i was single i'd go with my friends to dance, watch sports, watch dance videos, eat, drink, play pool, etc.

I love it when i hear guys say "gay bars are nothing more than hookup places." These same guys say, "Manhunt and A4A and such sites are only about guys looking for hookups." These same guys post on sites like gayspeak and bemoan how lonely they are, that they can't find anyone to date, they sit at home alone and become more and more bitter. I wish they would just CHANGE their attitude and go into bars and sites with NO expectations of finding mr. right - or mr. right now - and just go and enjoy being a member of the gay community with other members of the gay community. I've met so many good friends at our bars over time - it all starts with your attitude!

BobInTampa Wrote:If you want to meet a guy for a date, you have to GO to where the guys are. Yes, many are looking for NSA sex at first, but i think there are LOTS of guys on those sites who, despite their "hookup-focused" profile, are open to more. It always makes me smile when guys bash the existence of these sites because they are "only about hooking up" when there's more than enough evidence of guys on all these sites that are looking for MORE than just sex.

Well said Smile

ObW
x

matthew91 Wrote:Haha I know but I have had one guy offer me money to rub my feet for an hour lol and another honestly said he wanted to go on holiday with me in his first line of the chat. Aww well! Smile

Money for nothing, and a free holiday. Sounds like a result to me Rofl

ObW
x

OlderButWiser Wrote:Money for nothing, and a free holiday. Sounds like a result to me Rofl

ObW
x

Don't forget the free foot rub!

Kiid Wrote:I've never used them. I don't think I'd need to and don't know how to talk to people over the net very easily Tongue

Errr..... How can you say that and have the number of posts you do on here??

Seems to me your doing just fine Smile

ObW

Well... Im glad to see what others opinions' about these online sites.. apps, and so forth..... But thats for the great feedback you guys......

Love you all

Chuck