Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marie Osmond's son Mike
Tragically back in february Marie Osmonds 18 year old son Michael Blosil committed suicide. Marie recently was on Oprah to discuss her son and what had transpired. Her is a excerpt from the oprah website:

One thing Marie wants to clear up is the rumors about her son's sexuality. With the recent string of gay teen suicides in the news, some bloggers have speculated that Michael committed suicide because he was gay—a suggestion Marie says is simply not true.
"My son was not gay," Marie says. "He wanted to be married and have a family and travel all over the world."

Reading the story my gaydar started going off. Its my supicion he was in the closet. At this point we can only speculate however here is why I suspect he was closeted.

1.The last time Marie saw him, she remembers him saying that he had "never been happier" in his life. That was one month before he committed suicide.

The day before his death, Michael spoke with his mom about how he was feeling lonely and isolated. "It was the first time I heard him start to cry and say he was alone," Marie says. "That he had no friends. That he felt despair."

The note was also reported to contain the words: ‘I feel like I have no friends and will never fit in.’

When I first realized I liked guys and accept that as fact I went manic. So much so I told the people around me I have not been this happy in twenty eight years. I can also identify with him fealing lonely, isolated and having no friends out in college.

2. In an interview with American magazine People in 2007, Marie's long-time friend Lisa Hatch described Michael as a 'very quiet kid' who played the drums on his mother's Christmas 2006 tour. He had decided to end his life because of the ‘torment’ of his long battle against depression and drug and alcohol abuse.

That describes me to the tee when I was his age less the part about playing a musical instrument.

3.Blosil was a student at The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, the school on the LA season of "Project Runway" and on "The Hills."

I dont know to many straight guys that want to go into the fashion industry.

4. When mike lived with his mother he was pretty close to her and used make it a point to spend a date night with her so they could have quality time together.

5.[Image: 20101109-marie-osmond-1-300x205.jpg]

6.With their television presence and musical career, the Osmonds probably should have topped a list of Mormon celebrities, but everyone knows about the Osmonds and they would not likely be needed on such a list.

Mike came from a religious background.

The story indicates that he was in the closet to me. What do yall think? Does the old saying "Straight till proven gay ring true in this case?".

Not so much to me.

He just didn't fit in....story of my life. *sigh*:frown:
I was an outcast long before i knew i was gay.

I think it was probably because of numorus things. Him being a Mormon probably being one of them. He could of been gay, sure. But i just don't have any soild evidence.
My gaydar is reading a 5% higher chance of being gay than most guys at most.
Only because of that fashion thing and that he was so close to his mother.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I have a horrible gaydar:biggrin:...but I wondered when Marie made some of her gay "support" comments because they sounded fishy to me...I didn't beleive her at all...I wonder now if it was guilt talking? We had a Mormom invasion here as they spearheaded the Yes on 8 movement...I think it was to legitimize Mitt Romney with the Christians so he has a chance.

being Morman would be enough for me to want to take my life .
but on the question we will never know we can only speculate.
i just hope the blessed mother forgives him Blessed mother= nature

When i was talking about my gaydar i was joking around.:tongue:
I couldn't help but make it sound like some hi-tech machine.:redface:
But i still say around 5% maximum.

Genersis Wrote:When i was talking about my gaydar i was joking around.:tongue:
I couldn't help but make it sound like some hi-tech machine.:redface:
But i still say around 5% maximum.

:biggrin: I wasn't jokingAstrosmiley2...I worked in a friggin gay nightclub and I have an almost zero gaydar...you have to tell me you are gay and then I know...

eastofeden Wrote::biggrin: I wasn't jokingAstrosmiley2...I worked in a friggin gay nightclub and I have an almost zero gaydar...you have to tell me you are gay and then I know...
Well some people still don't "know" when they are told. But i guess thats more denile.........[SIZE=2]But you STILL have one up on them atleast.Confusedmile:

To be honest i've never used my gaydar, as i've never really had the chance or needed to.
But i still like to guess. Using what i know or can see about them which may make them seem more gay.(Even though i'd much rather hear it from them, before i do something which makes light of my assumption of their orientation.:redfaceSmile
[/SIZE]

pretty sad interview on Oprah...i saw it and felt awful. i can't believe she was on stage when it happened.

and, he called her, but she couldn't answer.. that would just kill me.