Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marketing ideas please!
howdy

I run an online fitness website and online shop, and want to target the gay community as my specific market

does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks

hit the gay webbies and mags (attitude / gaytimes etc) with ur advertising.

Oh... and looking in pretty fine shape i must say!

Hi Tim , belated happy birthday btw. There is a thread wishing you happy birthday under the same topic.

Ask gay magazines to review your site as Wouldi said would be a good idea and maybe not very expensive to do. If you can afford it you can contact popular sites to advertise there. On that note people now make a free gaydar profile with a link of their website and are online at the chatrooms all the time if they have a broadband.
Hit the health clubs and gyms with your fliers and go to gay places bars and leave some. They will let you do that, as far as i know in Friendly Society in Soho they have stuff like that at the stairs for people to take.
Find sites where you can talk about your site for free.
Invest on google advertising though is one of the best you can do imo.

You could give to costumers gifts such as a pen , a budge (if that is the right word for it) with your logo on.

Hello Tim,

You are in luck Tongue I am a freelancer and my skills include:

*SEO: Creating both meta tags and content. Link structure is also a strong point of mine.

*Link Building: Finding web sites that relate to your theme.

If you are interested in receiving examples of my work, please send me a private message.

thanks,

my profile on gaydar is 'iamace1980'

u mean just put a link to my site on it?

it's 2k to advertise on there. do u know of any other sites worth advertising on?

thanks

Cool profile and checked out your site too. I didnt see the online shop though?

To promote your site in gaydar you might want to create another one with an id name that describes what is it for and say what it offers and what people you are looking for the site (carrers section). Maybe GlobalFitness like your brand, Or fitnessCenter, fitnesstraining or something like that would be a good id name, so people who are looking for that click on it.

Rookies suggestion sounds interesting, maybe as the expert has more advice on marketing for sites? Wink

I will have a look around and see what i find about sites where you can advertise. You mean talking about your site for free or sites where you pay to advertise?

Gayspeak doesnt have any advertising option yet. But if you want to open a new thread to say what you do ect and then your link i think it will be ok and i will approve the post.

Here are some sites you might find very useful both for advertising and get advertisement in your site.

http://www.reviewme.com/

http://www.text-link-ads.com/

thanks, ill take a look.
There are a couple of links to the shop on the front page, i didnt think that they were prominent enough - the site isnt finished yet, should be done in the next week or two tho (maybe three)

I couldn't find a link to your site. But I do have advertising on my site and if you'd like to advertise there let me know. You can check out voiceOUT HERE

Well to my mind, visual examples work well for gay guys ...

If you ask yourself why people go to the gym it's (imho) often a confidence-issue more than a vanity-issue ... so if you post a few pictures of two guys looking INCREDIBLY buff and in non-erotic, but mildly provocative poses, that's sure to attract people's eye, and then they'll read the ad.

So if you can get a banner-ad or something like that ... perhaps a .gif ? And embed THAT in a few web-sites, that'll attract people to your site ...

... I take it that's what you meant - you wanted to attract web-based traffic rather than off-the-street customers ??

On reading your original post again I think I might have misunderstood a tiny bit inasmuch as your business is ... entirely online ? As in no physical shop for off-the-street customers ... yep ? Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!