Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first teaching faux pas.
hahaha ~

i think i would have probably done the same xD

There are days like that Steven, but honestly, try to keep the language (and temper) clean... Deal with it professionally.

princealbertofb Wrote:There are days like that Steven, but honestly, try to keep the language (and temper) clean... Deal with it professionally.

It wasnt out of temper i was quite calm, it just slipped out. :p

I did say the language, Steven (but also the temper if you can)... And Tom is plain rude, you should report him.

Mum has the POWER!!!! :biggrin:

I enjoy teaching those who enjoy learning...but I couldn't have been a teacher because (in addition to the idiotic & corrupt school boards and politics) the many who don't want to learn (granted, school does a lot to destroy the natural love a child has for learning) would make me feel like DeMartino when he said, "Why couldn't I have been born during an influenza epidemic? Or at the base of a volcano? Why did I survive, grow tall and strong, only to squander all my potential by becoming a teacher?" (Shriek follows.)

I like the idea more than one teacher has shared with me: get the few good teachers to teach the few good students and convert the rest of the schools into glorified daycare centers with just enough learning activities well...ok, just say water it down even more. (Seriously, if it takes 12 years to teach enough so one could, in theory, pass the GED, then you're doing it wrong, at least if you're trying to educate rather than condition obedience & passivity!)