Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marriage Proposal
Marriage is not a belief system. Human nature being what it is, the more hoops a couple had to go through the less likely the will split, rather try to work it out. Marriage gives the couple lots of legal rights in one sweet pkg. if gays are allowed to marry it ligitimizes another minority.

I like the diamond for myself but girls... Don't accept anything less than a platinum band

Marriage not possible where I live, we would if we could and I was married before, wonderful feeling,

jaxc Wrote:well, i always hoped to be proposed to by my lover(be it male or female) and he/she would propose to me with a gem incrusted glock :biggrin:Rolleyes
...but what what fred3vb said sounds more realistic in my case:tongue:

invis85 Wrote:Do you want to propose to someone, or would you like to be proposed to?

How about what would you want to be proposed with? A ring? Diamond?

I would love to be proposed to, about as much as I'd be willing to propose... and yes I'd like a ring. Either gold or white gold, but definitely a band with some form of engraving... no diamond, I'm not very campy or into really flashy items. But that's just me.....

We each have rings and watches and....lots of stuff we have given to each other...and anything he has ever given to me is priceless to me...but marriage...no dice. I do not believe in the institution of marriage. I do, however, being a good liberal, believe in equality under the law for everyone so I support Gay Marriage...just not for me.

As for the usual arguments that I hear gay people use in the debate....I am not sure being "the same" as everyone else is a goal worthy of my attention...I like being different than the "standard" and have no need or desire to "fit in"......I am not "just like everyone else".... and do not want to be:biggrin:

HOWEVER....If my lover REALLY wanted to do it and let me know it was important to him...I might consider it because I do pick my battles carefully and I generally know when to fight and I know when to surrenderWink

Is kind of like to just be in a moment where we both know and sort of say lets get married. I am for a gold or silver simple band and nothing fancy.

Simple gold band, the 'traditional' ring worn by a married man.

Who proposes, the one that comes up with the guts first :tongue:

Back in the day when I was engaged with an ex of mine, I proposed. In the relationship I'm in now I'd want to be proposed to. What I'd like to be proposed to with..nothing. I mean I do want a ring, but I don't want a ring that's not my size, you know. Big Grin

I want to be proposed to and with a puppy and a white gold ring. Big Grin hahaha :redface:

I dont believe in marriage.
Me and my best girl friend used to joke, wouldnt it be great to have a wedding, just to get a ring, and wear dresses and be the center of the party.
But the marriage that comes after that...way too much and too old fashioned for me!

hello,
With me i dont like marriage to be honest so id say neither but i can never say never i guess lol