Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marriage equality just won a HUGE battle!!!!
princealbertofb Wrote:Precisely my point, Virge... They fled Europe so they did not have to conform with the religions that were accepted in Europe at the time. They pulled out from religious conformity (such as they would have had to submit to if they had conformed)... They were outcasts... but they didn't necessarily understand that they would benefit more from being tolerant. (The witches of Salem and all, I know, I know...)

........ and they came to the new world and set up societies that were crueler to others on the basis of religion than they'd been treated in Europe... and their mentality survives today in the US... the Fumb Duckers who go around saying this nation was founded on christianity and our laws came from the 10 commandments. I just love to have one of them start talking their bullshit to me... all I have to do is keep the little blue words in my signature in my mind and use it like a 6 foot long sword on them... they have no defense for it --- and I I keep on swinging and cutting until they either admit how stupid they or get tired of being laughed at.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014...resistance

Seems like we have some governors and attorneys general who are a bit jealous they're not getting in on the hardcore same-sex connubial action. Mary Fallin and Nikki Haley should get scissoring. Derek Schmidt and Alan Wilson should pack some fudge.

A kindly comment on the founding of the US: the colonies were not all launched for the same reasons. Virginia was a business enterprise, Georgia was basically a penal colony, etc. While religion played a part, it was not always the primary reason for all of the territories. The Founding Fathers were greatly influenced by the ideas of the Enlightenment and many were not Christians but Deists. From this we seem to have gotten a strong strain of separation of church and state and an interesting penchant for Federalism. Put in another way: As a country we have been nurtured in the value of differing opinions not only as single people, but also as governmental entities such as cities, counties and states. It is part of a quite remarkably creative tension that the Founding Fathers, wittingly or otherwise, set in motion. Granted, the right wing of the religious populace is noisy, but our history and institutions do have at least some insulation from the din. It is all a fascinating system and an amazing invention overall, demonstrating in its complex interactions the value of checks and balances and the longstanding beauty of hard headed sons of bitches who want to be heard.
I bid NO Trump!

I can't disagree with a word of that Ljay... I'm sort of fond of the blueprint for the nation and still take my oath to protect it and the people (aka "the nation") from all enemies, both foreign and domestic. That is why I make no apologies for my continuing campaign to embarrass and humiliate religious fungi-mental-ists every chance I get.... regardless if they are foreign or domestic.

I have two friends who live in Virgina, have been a couple for 36 years. They went to the courthouse yesterday to get their license and get married, and there was only one officiant out of the three who were in the office to perform a marraige.

When they called earlier to ask about having a marriage performed there, the officiant replied with "It depends on who you are" and when my friends showed up, he declined to marry them, so they went home with their license, but without a ceremony.

They called the other two officiants and their boss to explain what happened and report this third officiant for dereliction of duty.

One of the posted on their FB page that one of the other officiants contacted him, apologized for what happened, and he is willing to perform the ceremony for them tomorrow evening.

As for the one who refused to hold the ceremony, he has been removed from his position.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Well..... I'm happy for them and would love to meet the jackass so I could stick my finger up his or her up their ass. curled it up and yank it out. reeeeeeeeeeeeeeel fast.

On another note. My Mom went back on the warpath yesterday to get it legalized here in SD...and I got word about something she said to a guy that was way out of character for her, made me laugh and proud.

"Just because you stick your dick in pussy doesn't mean you're competent to define who can get married."

Mom said it ended the entire discussion. Imagine that.

Developing in the Idaho SSM appeal.

Background: The 9th Circuit issued its Mandate last evening, thus putting its Opinion into effect immediately. Normally, the Mandate would not have issued for 7 days. Idaho appealed for a stay from the Supreme Court.:

Quote:UPDATED 9:47 a.m. Justice Kennedy ordered the Ninth Circuit Court to postpone its ruling temporarily, at least until a further order by Kennedy or by the full Supreme Court. Lawyers for same-sex couples were told to file a response by 5 p.m. Thursday to Idaho’s request. The order means that gay and lesbian couples will not be able to obtain marriage licenses in that state in the meantime.

http://www.scotusblog.com/

Idaho, a predominantly Mormon state, is giving no ground easily.

thanks palbert. I hadn't heard that yet this morning and am going to read up on it now.

palbert Wrote:Idaho, a predominantly Mormon state, is giving no ground easily.

You'd think for people whom want numerous wives would be a little more forgiving on two men marrying. Wink

Virge Wrote:ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Well..... I'm happy for them and would love to meet the jackass so I could stick my finger up his or her up their ass. curled it up and yank it out. reeeeeeeeeeeeeeel fast.

On another note. My Mom went back on the warpath yesterday to get it legalized here in SD...and I got word about something she said to a guy that was way out of character for her, made me laugh and proud.

"Just because you stick your dick in pussy doesn't mean you're competent to define who can get married."

Mom said it ended the entire discussion. Imagine that.

You've got a fierce mum, Virge... It must feel great to know she's got your back that way.