Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marriage
I was talking about how I would love to get married on May 1st, and my friend reminded me that I can only get married in certain states... I totally forgot that I was a GAY MAN who wants to have ANOTHER GAY MAN put a ring on me. What a great country we live in?

5 months is a long time in politics, so who knows what the laws will be by then...Hopefully by the mid 0f 2012 Marraige will be on the table for all of us in Australia...so who knows what will happeen in your respective US state

Is there no recognized form of gay marriage in Oz at the moment?

babyJ Wrote:... I totally forgot that I am a GAY MAN who wants to have ANOTHER GAY MAN put a ring on me ...
its possible to get too comfortable; soon your going to church...

Why let the state define your relationship? If you love someone, and want to get married, know that you are married in your heart is most important.

blokeinsussex Wrote:Is there no recognized form of gay marriage in Oz at the moment?

Same gender relationships are recognised in Tasmania and Canberra, but no there is no recognised same gender marriage as the marraige act was altered by the previous federal government in 2004 to exclude same gender couples.

While the rest of the world went forward, our previous Federal Government took us back to 1950.

It's absolutely annoying and stupid we can't get married in every state. But I have a feeling things will change soon. And fast.

dfiant Wrote:Same gender relationships are recognised in Tasmania and Canberra, but no there is no recognised same gender marriage as the marraige act was altered by the previous federal government in 2004 to exclude same gender couples.

While the rest of the world went forward, our previous Federal Government took us back to 1950.

Very true , I live in hope that this changes soon.
However my youngest son plans to marry under Wicca as we are pagans.

I have already decided that even if it is legalized, its a little too late to go jumping over the broomstrick or walking down the aisle.

Besides we made 'vows' long, long, long time ago. I want gay marriage to be retroactive - thus the marriage certificate reflects I have lived in hell, I mean bondage, I mean marital bliss for well over a decade already....

You don't think the legal and tax benefits are worth having?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.