Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martial Arts
Hi everybody Wavey .

So as we all know, I'm a nerd and I almost literally have tried everything.

Well, recently, I got interested in Martial arts after watching some of my uncles old chinese movie flicks (Jet Li/ Bruce Lee / Etc).

I seriously know of no other Fem guy, gay or straight, who's into the stuff I'm into :p . I kinda condradict the stereotypical Fem right? Anyway...

I went down to the Dojo, which is literally 4 houses down from me, The Ai Ki Dojo :p and have taken 1 or 2 classes.

I'm more into Japanese culture, but the art forms I like are Chinese, so :| , but anywho they are;

Baguazhang - Other wise known as "Circle Walking" , but translates to Eight Trigram Palm. Popularized by Bruce Lee and Aang from the cartoon Avatar: The last airbender.

Bāguàzhǎng is one of the three main Chinese martial arts of the Wudang school, the other two being Taijiquan and Xingyiquan. It is more broadly grouped as an internal practice (or neijia gong). Bāguà zhǎng literally means "eight trigram palm," referring to the trigrams of the Yijing (I Ching), one of the canons of Taoism.

And a form of it, specifically Gentle Fist style, which is popularized by Neji Hyuuga from Naruto.

It's a crippling art, not really fighting, but fighting at the same time.

It's quite fun actually, and could potentially come in handy, which is another reason why I'm doing it Smile . I'm not particularly built, so fist fighting is out of the question for me Wink .

So do any of you guys do Martial Arts? and if so, what kind do you do?

Baguazhang

Oh, and I was wondering where you were lately. I guess, recovering from your training lessons :biggrin:

For the love of God, what is a crippling art?

I am more into taichi, than into fighting Smile

Hello,
I havent taken up any martial arts but i know last time i tried play fighting as a kid i ended up breaking a friends finger as im heavy handed lol

I've always been interested in Capoeria, its always been a dream, but I think I will never be that agile Sad Just seem so cool and fun, rhythm, dancing, flipping Smile
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Nick9 Wrote:Oh, and I was wondering where you were lately. I guess, recovering from your training lessons :biggrin:

For the love of God, what is a crippling art?

I am more into taichi, than into fighting Smile

Lol, not really.

My mom's making sure I practice my Music, cause I was slacking while she was away for 2 months :p .

Basically, crippling means that, rather than directly punching someone in the face, you either immobolize them by breaking their arms or legs or make them inable to harm you.

It's said that when properly trained, breaking a limb of your opponent would be as easy as breathing. Kinda scary, but advantageous. They also prefer to wear out their opponents by staying at their backs, rather than stand in front of them and strike at them.

I like Taichi too, very relaxing Smile . It reminds me of Ballet. :p .

@ Auntie Zeon - My cousin, who is quite hefty in circumference as well as height, broke a guys arm when he got annoyed by him :p . It doesn't help he studied Jujitsu Wink .

@Zetty - Capoeria, is that the portuguese martial art? I can't remember, but if it is, it is quite amazing. You can always try. Nothing to it, but to do it, I say Smile . Although you might have to becareful of your dreadlocks Smile don't want to get tangled :p .

QueenOdi Wrote:It's a crippling art, not really fighting, but fighting at the same time.

QueenOdi Wrote:you either immobolize them by breaking their arms or legs or make them inable to harm you.

I like Taichi too, very relaxing Smile . It reminds me of Ballet. :p .

Really man, you need to work on your argumentation skills :biggrin: Wink

I'll stick with taichi LOL. Albeit there are some fight moves and figures in it too Smile

QueenOdi Wrote:@Zetty - Capoeria, is that the portuguese martial art? I can't remember, but if it is, it is quite amazing. You can always try. Nothing to it, but to do it, I say Smile . Although you might have to becareful of your dreadlocks Smile don't want to get tangled :p .

Its a Brazilian martial art, but on the other hand they speak Portuguese there Smile Hehe I've always tie up my hair into a knot anyhow Big Grin But I love it, Gotta loose some weigh first if I am ever gotta try it lol :redface:
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Nick9 Wrote:Really man, you need to work on your argumentation skills :biggrin: Wink

I'll stick with taichi LOL. Albeit there are some fight moves and figures in it too Smile

Tehe :p .

I'm generally not violent, but I want to be prepared in the event that something should happen. I don't want to be another statistic Wink .

@Zetty - Oh okay.

That's good, cause my big cousin was running a race once, just for fun with the family and he nearly tripped on his dreads! Although, they reach down to his feet, so he probably should've seen that coming :p .

I'm gonna get dreads, I'm growing my hair now Wink . This will be my 15th hair style :0 .

Yeah, that Martial art is pretty strenuous on the body, but I think you can do it Smile . No more junk food for you Mr! (Oh jeez, I sound like your wife *slaps self* lol :p)

I did Thai boxing in my early teens and did it for quite a few years, I gave it up though planning to get back into it this summer, I have a brown band which is the equivalent of the one below a black belt in karate I guess. Hope to get back into it soon, so I can take out my aggression lol

Heh I only have them to my shoulders anyhow, I'm actually considering to cut them of, I can't stop touching them and 4 dreads have already loosened Sad