Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you had a time machine...
I'd go back to a few times in my own life and change some things I regret. A lot of hard things would stay because they are the things that shaped me, and made me who I am today, but there are plenty of things that were just plain stupid and pointless too.

I think we are on our sixth of seven complete life cycles on earth so I would like to go back waaaayyyyy before recorded time...maybe the fourth cycle...to see how much more advanced they were than we are now.

Other than that...I would like to go back to Atlantis.

Hero (or Heron) of Alexandria (c. 10–70 AD)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_of_Alexandria

I would like to spend about a week in his workshop with him and show him how practical the steam engine he invented could be.

We would have by-passed all of that 'Roman Church Period' or what is most commonly called the Dark Ages and sparked the Industrial Revolution about 1800 years earlier.

He was an inventor, he also had a working wind-mill but never really developed that as far as it could go.

No, I would like to spend several months with him. With everything I know about engineering coupled with my fascination with inventions, Heron would become the father of many technologies and History would be completely, and utterly rewritten.