Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive age differences.
I am 16 years younger than my partner. We have been together now for almost 15 years. It will work if you want it to work.

Age is just a number (as long as they are legal). What truly matters is what is in their heart and their mind. I have met very mature 21 year olds and I have met very immature 40 year olds. In the famous words of Forrest Gump at a bareback orgy "Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get".

Like some guys on here said...Love is love dude! don't let other people's opinions get to you. Smile

I'm in a same situation right now. I met this guy but he's like 17 years older than me. I'm 21! but I like him a lot though. He's cute actually and I feel like he likes me too. I hope it goes somewhere but love is love.

Yeah, I agree with most people love is love. If I find an older gentleman that I love that's who I will spend the rest of my life with.

So just follow your heart Smile

I´m not a friend of huge age differences .... +/- 8 - 10 years are OK ... but more is- for my opinion - to much. My man is 6 years older than me ... thats OK.
A much older or younger guy can be a really great friend.... but more .... ? I think it don´t work (....with me )

Physical age has, at most a mild to moderate impact on maturity. I know some 20 year olds that are more mature and have it together better than some 50 year olds. Sure an immature partner doesn't work well with a mature one in most cases, but that isn't based on the years since they were born, it's based on what they did with those years.

fenris Wrote:I´m not a friend of huge age differences .... +/- 8 - 10 years are OK ... but more is- for my opinion - to much. My man is 6 years older than me ... thats OK.
A much older or younger guy can be a really great friend.... but more .... ? I think it don´t work (....with me )

Same for me Fenris...I dont' have a problem with other consenting adults doing whatever they consent to...but never more than 10 years either way will ever work for me. Friends? Sure...Lovers? Sex?...Not a chance for me.

jimcrackcorn Wrote:We looked a little awkward on the dance floor because he did a country western style of dance while I was doing the disco...So, I say be with the one you love, and thank your lucky stars...

Loved this reply. Made me smile so hard and genuinely long for such compatibility and interest.Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

avidcyclistMTB Wrote:Don't look at those differences as something you have to work THROUGH, look at them as something you have to work WITH. Communicate with each other and pay attention to each other...Good luck and best wishes!

love it, love it Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

ceez Wrote:but I guess she's the purist kind, showing love for one another and all.

sounds like a jewel in the family coffers...take care with her m8! Yllove