Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massivly Nervous 1st date!
Im massivly nervous, going on a date tonight. Ive not met him befor but been messaging him for the last couple of weeks. Ive never been on a date before! SO NERVOUS

Any tips?

cheers Guys

Just be yourself, be interested and be interesting. Be confident but not cocky.
And best of luck :-D x

Awww malcs! Good luck!

do i have any tips you ask! ......... check this out lol

Do you want some dating tips? - Gayspeak Forums

Aww good luck malcs.
Erm just don't build any expectations before you go.
I went to meet Ian very much open mindedly. And left thinking 'wow' Confusedmile: Many dates I've been on before I've really liked the person before I went on the date and had pretty much decided I really liked them - and then was disappointed. So yeah, good luck Confusedmile:

Buy him a drink and let him buy you one. If he won't, can he count as potential boyfriend? And / or invite him to see a film which you'd both like to see and you can discuss afterwards (if you are into pictures).

Go to a place that's neutral where you can both be comfortable with your surroundings. You can easily get away if you find you have nothing in common. One drink and that's all (sort of thing).

Ask him about himself but maybe allow for some items of your life first, but don't be too long over it. [I'm from so and so, what about you? I've got a car but prefer riding my bicycle at the weekends. Do you like cycling? (sort of thing)]

So how did you meet this guy? Was it through Gaydar?
Why are you worried?
Are you afraid of
1* liking him too much?
2* not liking him at all or enough?
3* getting into something you hadn't ventured for too early?

I'd say go with a relaxed mind. It's always a bit scary meeting someone new for the first time but you honestly have nothing to lose, and neither does he. You don't have to get into anything that you are unprepared for. I'd say you can admit to being a bit scared as it's your first date. Maybe he ought to know that? Or maybe you'd rather keep it private... See what you see fit to reveal about yourself.
I'd say be honest, and be honest with yourself but without being hurtful or rude. I'm sure you can act as a gentleman. (and NOT, if the occasion arises Wink)

I'd also say don't rush into sex unless you are both ready for it and have taken the usual precautions. Sex is best when you are ready for it and when the circumstances are right. If you are both looking for experience which will lead nowhere, then one night stands are ok. If you are looking for something more long term, let the relationship and the conversation develop first. It's nice to know someone a bit better than jumping straight into their pants (unless they're up for it, or course).

Lots of advice here (and its contrary). It's for you to measure up the situation and what it will allow you to do and say.

All the best, Malcs, and good luck. You are still our favourite roadside rescuer, lol. Confusedmile:

Well its not happening tonight, hes got a cold and been felling rubish so we are going to meet next week now. He sent me a realy nice txt saying sorry he let me down and he didnt want me to catch his cold.

princealbertofb Wrote:So how did you meet this guy? Was it through Gaydar?
Why are you worried?
Are you afraid of
1* liking him too much?
2* not liking him at all or enough?
3* getting into something you hadn't ventured for too early?
princealbertofb Bighug a realy good post thanks!
yeah it was throgh GD we been messaging for a couple of weeks, nothing to much just a bit of light chat we seem to like similar music and we both like the Spice girls LMAO (should I be shouting that out loud?!!??)

Smurlos Wrote:Aww good luck malcs.
Erm just don't build any expectations before you go.
I went to meet Ian very much open mindedly. And left thinking 'wow' Confusedmile: Many dates I've been on before I've really liked the person before I went on the date and had pretty much decided I really liked them - and then was disappointed. So yeah, good luck Confusedmile:
Bighug to Smurlos

spotysocks Wrote:Awww malcs! Good luck!

do i have any tips you ask! ......... check this out lol

Do you want some dating tips? - Gayspeak Forums

Bighug another big hug thats a good list there!

newc_student_18 Wrote:Just be yourself, be interested and be interesting. Be confident but not cocky.
And best of luck :-D x

Bighug

my arms hurting from all this hugging lol, ive got 7 days to get ready for my date now! Im not feeling scared as such just nervous but what ever happens happens (or dosent)is my thinking

That's good thinking. And with a bit of luck, it'll give you a bit more confidence about future dates with the same man or with someone else. Practice makes perfect, as the saying goes.
Confusedmile: Confusedmile: Confusedmile:

Well its all on for tonight meeting him at 8.30 so not long now, we just going for a dink in a local pub. Will let you know how I got on or didnt!

malcs Wrote:Well its all on for tonight meeting him at 8.30 so not long now, we just going for a dink in a local pub. Will let you know how I got on or didnt!

I'm sure it will all go well for you. Good luck :biggrin:

malcs Wrote:Well its all on for tonight meeting him at 8.30 so not long now, we just going for a dink in a local pub. Will let you know how I got on or didnt!
Enjoy your evening. Hope he's over his cold.