Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCain is the right choice
By MATTHEW TSIEN (Matthew Tsien is a long-time Log Cabin Republican, and former Director of President Ronald Reagan's grassroots lobbying organization, Citizens for America. He lives in Fort Lauderdale and is a former president of the Maryland Log Cabin Republicans) SEP. 11, 2008
For some 25 years, The New York Times exit polls have revealed that at least one in four gay voters is a Republican. This means that at least 1 million or more gay voters will cast their votes for John McCain and Sarah Palin in the 2008 presidential election. While John McCain is neither a zealot for or against gay related legislation, his inclination seems to be to try to do no harm. He is aligned with the centrist and libertarian wing of his party that does not want to use the U.S. Constitution either way. However, he did oppose gay marriage as part of Arizona's (his home state) 2006 state ballot initiative to ban gay marriage, which, incidentally, failed. It would be fair to say that McCain probably supports some form of a "domestic partnership" law; however, most gay voters who like McCain find his stance on economic and national security issues to be paramount. ....Jobs can also be eliminated by ill-conceived taxes on the rich. In the early 1990's, the Democratic Congress passed into law a "luxury tax" on certain luxury items like jewelry, private planes, yachts and high-ticket cars. Congress gleefully waited for new revenues to roll in, but sadly, a different painful scenario took over. Many of the RICH decided not to buy boats, cars, planes and diamonds at all or to purchase them overseas at lower prices. Guess what happened to the jobs of the highly skilled blue-collar workers who made and repaired all those boats, Rolls Royces and private jets? Thousands lost their high-income jobs and had nowhere to turn for employment. And mom-and-pop jewelry stores also went out of business for good.....according to recent Fox News polls, the majority of Americans now believe we are winning in Iraq, and a victorious troop pullout is in sight. Obviously, many gay veterans will certainly vote for McCain
READ MORE OF THIS GUYS DREAMS AND DELUSIONS (editor)

What do you think?

A pile of bs dear. Excuse the language but they are not going to change anything no matter how pessimistic this might sounds. Whoever gets elected will give a little bit of what they promised only to shut some mouths. We wanted gay marriages in the Uk we got 'civil partnerships '. Republicans are conservative promoting 'family values' now they get very desperate promising a leg and an arm to get the gay vote. These elections are bound to continue a catastrophic path started with 9/11 and you Americans now have only to choose one of two very bad options. Frog

Perhaps you can change his mind spoty . How ever I think not He is to deeply entrenched into his narrow way of thinking due to the way he was raised.
This is one gay veteran that will not be voting for McCain and his left wing Bush politics. 8 years near total destruction of our monetary system let alone involved in a war that the majority have wanted out of for years.
It is time for a big change. The only to achieve change is to vote for Obama.

As a gay republican .. I can only say enough is enough

I'm a republican when it comes to financial matters .. beyond that I am open minded but always considered myself a republican.

This bailout bill is a farce and has no real support from the American people and the more I hear about it .. the worse it sounds.

Someone told me the other day it amounts to $5000 per taxpayer .. is that true?

Obama is a preacher .. Biden is a war monger ... McCain I believe in his heart belives he is right but on this one he is not .. Palin is intriguing because she brings something new to the Republican party ....

I for one will NOT be voting for any of them ... I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did.

GayComputerDude Wrote:As a gay republican .. I can only say enough is enough

I'm a republican when it comes to financial matters .. beyond that I am open minded but always considered myself a republican.

This bailout bill is a farce and has no real support from the American people and the more I hear about it .. the worse it sounds.

Someone told me the other day it amounts to $5000 per taxpayer .. is that true?

Obama is a preacher .. Biden is a war monger ... McCain I believe in his heart belives he is right but on this one he is not .. Palin is intriguing because she brings something new to the Republican party ....

I for one will NOT be voting for any of them ... I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did.

I feel sorry for you guys at the moment

It will be of no benefit to you guys but will benefit us here in the UK and of course globally

but it does take a strong and a big money market to get it kick started again

There is no credit crunch............ just the money that is, has stopped moving around the system

I wish you everyone all the best for the future

xxxxx

The thing that always puzzles liberals is how some of the people who vote for Republicans are voting against their own best interest!

The poor who vote republican are surprised to learn that a year later their health, housing, food benefits are getting smaller.

Really dont get Log Cabin repubs at all... I believe recently that McCain returned a donation made to his campaign from the founder of ManHunt... poor homos, not even wanted by their leader!!! Idiots!!!

McCain is a politician married to a heiress ($$$$) now pursuing US presidency ($$$$$$$). Palin is a charming ambitious lady with zero social or environmental conscience or intention to make any contribution to others than her self and her party. Both are crude politicians brainwashing as many as they can. As for Barak Obama he is the same thing, uses powerful techniques of speech and the colour of his skin as a stepping stone to the White House. He is gifted with the art of persuasion that served him so well.
A candidate with a realistic vision was Ron Paul, but forget about him now. He got zero media coverage after being too loud and clear evaporating lies and thin statements from other candidates bringing into light the financial crash that just now became obvious. Shows how behind social equality is and still living the dark ages.

There were people talking about the problems that US is facing now like 3-4 years ago that some can call conspiracy theorists. However they now seem to be the most accurate political analysts. When the truth comes out in conspiracy theories is when things start becoming dangerous and have to start considering that people have been misled. Need to re-evaluate everything we have been taught and brainwashed if REALLY want a change. Now is unlikely there is going to be one, it will only get worse and will affect not only USA but all the western world at least and the stock markets. It is happening as we speak. You might have the impression something is changing but what happens is recycling reality, that's the best thing to hope for at the moment.

Scared

On a different note i can only pray that i am wrong in all that i said above.

Sheep

spotysocks Wrote:McCain is a politician married to a heiress ($$$$) now pursuing US presidency ($$$$$$$). Palin is a charming ambitious lady with zero social or environmental conscience or intention to make any contribution to others than her self and her party. Both are crude politicians brainwashing as many as they can. As for Barak Obama he is the same thing, uses powerful techniques of speech and the colour of his skin as a stepping stone to the White House. He is gifted with the art of persuasion that served him so well.
A candidate with a realistic vision was Ron Paul, but forget about him now. He got zero media coverage after being too loud and clear evaporating lies and thin statements from other candidates bringing into light the financial crash that just now became obvious. Shows how behind social equality is and still living the dark ages.

There were people talking about the problems that US is facing now like 3-4 years ago that some can call conspiracy theorists. However they now seem to be the most accurate political analysts. When the truth comes out in conspiracy theories is when things start becoming dangerous and have to start considering that people have been misled. Need to re-evaluate everything we have been taught and brainwashed if REALLY want a change. Now is unlikely there is going to be one, it will only get worse and will affect not only USA but all the western world at least and the stock markets. It is happening as we speak. You might have the impression something is changing but what happens is recycling reality, that's the best thing to hope for at the moment.

Scared

On a different note i can only pray that i am wrong in all that i said above.

Sheep

Very good commentary spoty!

and now today I watch not only our stocks go down yet again but now we hear more and more how the entire world is collapsing and especially Europe ...

but at least oil went down since none of us will be able to pay for it .. nor need it when we are all unemployed and don't have to drive anywhere.

fjp999 Wrote:The thing that always puzzles liberals is how some of the people who vote for Republicans are voting against their own best interest!

The poor who vote republican are surprised to learn that a year later their health, housing, food benefits are getting smaller.

Really dont get Log Cabin repubs at all... I believe recently that McCain returned a donation made to his campaign from the founder of ManHunt... poor homos, not even wanted by their leader!!! Idiots!!!

you have to look beyond your sexuality and how republicans view it and see the big money picture .. the dems are trying to nationalize banks and wall st and etc etc .. it doesn't work

if you want the govt to take all your money and do with it what they want ... then please .. keep picking liberals

Star Twister Wrote:I feel sorry for you guys at the moment

It will be of no benefit to you guys but will benefit us here in the UK and of course globally

but it does take a strong and a big money market to get it kick started again

There is no credit crunch............ just the money that is, has stopped moving around the system

I wish you everyone all the best for the future

xxxxx

thanks for the encouragement! It would appear today that we have now managed to stop money moving around throughout the world. I can only hope you all fair better than we will.