Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me my thingy
Hello I just wanted to make a post on my situation to make it more real... well virtually real. I'm 19 almost 20, in fact in 7 days :0. I'm gay and currently in closet/outside closet limbo... Anyway I finally last summer made a half-attempt to come out. I basically just said I was bisexual to my parents once and never talked to them about it again. I mean my mom understands it somewhat and she would accept me and love me for it no matter what. My dad wound up being awkward but he drinks a lot at this point so I don't even know if he remembers it. I also wound up telling my best friend who I had painfully strong feelings for him.
Anyway, I've at this point told a few people and for the most part it's just made it awkward. The friends that I'm comfortable with it are away at school and I'm still in Community college till I get the credits to transfer. Anyway it's not really apparent to anyone really. I am in recovery from a period where I struggled with drugs and my sponsor knows and has helped me with it. But the point is I've become pretty comfortable internally with it I just find it so hard to tell anyone and at least not completely openly. I don't have any gay friends or know any gay people really at all. I'm hoping when I go away to school it will get easier but just wanted to make a post here. And sorry! i didnt think it was going to be this long =0

Nice to meet u dude Smile
Hope things arent to bad for u , if u ever need a friend message me up be happy to talk with ya Smile

Going to a large university will definitely open doors for you, literally. You'll meet people from all over the place.

But generally, one of the best pieces of advice I picked up about coming is that it is a continual process. We never stop coming out. And every time you do, it gets easier.

Try to not feel overwhelmed at these things! Just take them one at a time.
Good luck.
Do check back in and let us know how it's going.
Wink

latebloomer is right about it about a continuous process. every time you meet someone new you have to decide to whether to say anything. i never really had gay friends and i still don't have a lot. i think the importance is just finding quality friends that will support you no matter what.

Thanks for the posts, excited to get into university, community college has just been a bigger high school to me