Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me sharing my excitement.
On Wednesday my college is hosting an LGBT welcome reception and I'm really looking forward to it. I've never attended any LGBT event whatsoever. I don't come off as anything but straight so it's hard to connect with other LGBT or make friends or whatever (I should actually say impossible since that's what my track record proves). Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement with someone. Thanks for reading.

sounds fun, I've been thinking of finding an event like that in my area.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm a debilitatingly anti-social person, so this is very unlike me to want to attend something like this. If I end up having a good time, then you most definitely should pursue something like it.

Enjoy it, just relax and be you.

Have a blast, Remember to stay true to yourself, don't be afraid to open up to others. Smile

Thank you both for the encouragement. I will do my best to relax. Elefant

Awesome , make sure to have some fun.
Toga Toga Toga!!!! Oh wait that's something else.Rofl

I want to hear all about it when you return.

Relax........enjoy and have a great time.....

Do your best to NOT find a corner to hide in.....you don't have to be the center of attention, but try to mingle a bit.....breaking out of being shy is like learning how to ride a bike, takes a bit of practice, but it's a skill you can use all your life - it dosn't have to be perfected, just start engaging....trust me, humans are social beings and it's actually in your DNA to communicate with other humans....smile, nod and just take it slow.

Relax and Hope you have fun =)