Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meat gets a rise..........
In PRICE that is!

Beef prices are on the rise AGAIN this year. Now they say it will be 10%, probably more, if I know retailers.

Meat is too expensive as it is............and will become a "luxury" food, as they fear it will.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/busi...s/1924239/

REAL food prices are out of control, they need to be restricted. Free Enterprise does not mean you can cut peoples throats with price gouging at will. But the USA government allows it anyway.

It's cheaper to go thru a fast food drive thru and eat, than it is to buy REAL food.
For what it costs me to go to the store for only ONE weeks worth of REAL food, I can eat on for two weeks or more, from the fast food dollar/value menu's.

This in turn creates more health problems and higher medical costs.

And its only going to get worse, and prices even higher.

It's time to learn how to make meat stretch!

I've seen my mother make 3 full dishes out of about 300gm of pork mince.

._.

Do like I do, stick to a liquid diet - coffee gives yo all the important nutrients you need (caffeine) to make it through the day.

Seriously, the reason why I raise so much veg is to compensate for my seriously impoverished earnings I happen to scratch together.

I have been moving away from meat for years, I eat less than one portion a day, and lately I go days without eating.... anything... soo....

I'm so happy that I don't eat meat.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

At least a good point is that people will be healther Smile

Lilitu Wrote:It's time to learn how to make meat stretch!

I've seen my mother make 3 full dishes out of about 300gm of pork mince.

._.

Thats why I like a lot of Asian dishes...........they use meat as more of a flavoring device than the main part of the dish.

I dont eat meat much anymore, not good for diabetics. I try and stick to turkey when I eat meat......or fish. But its all getting so expensive now.

meh, cow maybe be rising but horse is cheap still :eek: I know, I know, but for those of you who live where it's not illegal, horse is a heck of a lot tastier and a quite less fatty meat....and did I mention cheaper?

(Don't go giving me the "oooooohhhhh, poor horsey, I could never...." crap...I don't see the difference bewteen slaughtering one animal or the other...).

chicken...stick to chicken. Better than beef.

move on to other sources of protein...leguminous plant...sure they're getting a bit expensive too, but not as much as meat.

beans, lentils, garbanzos, all preety good..

As the Earth's population increases it becomes more difficult for us to keep up with the demand for meat. Some alternatives such as insects have been suggested as the food of the future... who knows, beetle stew anyone?

I hate to see horse meat being sold in america , since its my favorite animal and i was raised around them. But if its to feed a human being then so be it , i just could never eat it.

Unfortunately horse isn't kosher.... It doesn't have the right hooves.... Rolleyes