Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meditation, Chants, Mantras, Folk, Healing, Peace - Music

Claude Debussy - Rêverie - F. J. Thiollier, pianist

so I a have kind of a stupid question so please forgive my ignorance, I have been wanting to start meditating for a while now. when you meditate do you have to sit cross legged or anyway you want, I'm always afraid I'll just fall asleep if I lay down and my legs are to long to sit indian style. I need some meditation tips please.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

ceez Wrote:so I a have kind of a stupid question so please forgive my ignorance, I have been wanting to start meditating for a while now. when you meditate do you have to sit cross legged or anyway you want, I'm always afraid I'll just fall asleep if I lay down and my legs are to long to sit indian style. I need some meditation tips please.

I think it's more important to be comfortable than forcing yourself into a position that interferes with you relaxing. A comfortable chair, a bench, anywhere. Try a few positions and see what feels more natural.

I don't think there is any special one way of meditating. I think everyone has certain things that they've tried and modified.

It took me a while to figure out the difference between deep breathing and relaxing, and actually focusing my mind, quieting my mind and just being. I also found certain sounds/music actually distract me, so it's kind of like you might have to try different things to see what works for you. I'm very moody, and at times I need silence. It also really helps me to sit in the sun.

So, I would begin by working on deep breathing/relaxing.

Then, start working on training your mind to purely focus on what is called the "blackness behind your eyes," and seeing your internal self. Kind of use your internal eye to travel with your breath. Really feel the breath come up and out the body. Breath in and follow its path.

IDK, I'll stop there and if any of what I said interests you or prompts questions, let me know. I can get kind of weird with meditation talk. :biggrin: I do different things now with meditation and you'll learn as you become more focused you can pinpoint certain problems and kind of trap them with that mind's eye and breath, and expel them from you.

Hopefully others will have different techniques/recommendations and you might blend a lot of different ideas or find someone whose techniques speak to you more. Confusedmile:

I hope this isn't too modern. I find it adheres to some timeless principles nonetheless.

Music of the infidel .. ( sorry I couldn't resist )

Thanks azulai, now would be the perfect time to try it I will be on vacation all week Smile
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]