Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mediums real or fakes
Wade Wrote:What I find even more interesting than people who think magic is real (because hey, ya can't prove it's not!) is people who think that magic is not only real, but certain magic people and wish thinkers are phonies, and that they themselves can tell you the difference between the phony magic people and for realsies magic people.

If you believe in the reality of magic beyond the scrutiny of reason and physics, how can you then say, with a straight face, say that you can tell the difference between someone who claims to be magic and someone who really is?

It gives me the same feeling when certain Christians try to justify their religion in the face of fundamentalists by saying that certain Christians aren't "real" Christians. Who gives them the authority to discern such a thing?

It's like watching children argue about whose dad could beat up whose.

Magic is an illusion, a trick played on your senses, so magic is real. Mediums are real because they practice magic, they trick your senses into believing they are talking to the other side...and thats the fake part.

Whenever i see Derek acorah it always makes me stop and watch, he's probably britain's most well known medium. But then people like Derren brown show you how its done (and does stuff on top of it) course there's fakers and charlatans but i believe there are genuine ones too, and this has been enforced, or rather was enforced by odd little incidents ive had. But magic is probably just science we dont know of yet, therefore theres magic everywhere, waiting to be discovered.

An interesting video from CNN International on this controversial subject: