Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting a lesbian
So I spent the weekend at a coworkers place drinking and swimming, great combo, I know.

I found out his neighbor in the apartment next door is a lesbian and her significant other is enlisted and deployed. I plan on spending the next several weekends at this guys place because its the first time I have really relaxed in a long time and there are tons of awesome people there, so the opportunity will probably come up, but how do I approach her with an offer of friendship?

few interesting bits of info, the people I hang out with are fairly homophobic, being military, and maintainers, the equivalent of working in a car garage.

Im not out, at all.

I have no gay friends to try to bridge the gap and tell her in private.

I kinda just want someone to talk to and I figure she is aa safe bet... Any ideas or pointers?

Just introduce yourself normally, if she mentions her partner in conversation that will give you an opening to bring up the subject.

I agree with above just introduce yourself and let it go natural Confusedmile:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

but thats the problem, the only place ill have a chance to talk to her is in public, at the pool. I cant exactly talk about such things in front of coworkers Tongue

I agree with the above posters, just introduce yourself.

I wouldn't rush into a friendship, she may not be someone you want to hang around. Some people, doesn't matter gay or straight, are strange birds or even bad news. Given your situation, I'd think you would need to be careful who you confide in. Just my 2 cents.

Whatever you do, don't give her water or feed her after midnight!

Lol maybe. Im terrible with making new friends XD

Hello,
Best advice i can give is start whereveer the beginning may be and process to the end and whatever happens on the way getting to where ya wanna be happens.... If they cant accept it then tell em to just bugger off... Homophobic attitude is not an acceptable excuse for not accepting someone

its easier said than done. While yes, I fully agree with your statement zeon, military culture is VERY hard to change.

I think I trust lesbians more than straight women not too sure why though..