Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting someone new!!!
I had such an awesome time last night meeting this new guy that I just had to share! Smile The evening started off kinda slow actually, which was probably a good thing. We all met over at our mutual friends' house and hung out, watched tv, and ate supper. We talked, but it was sort of idle chit chat. You know, the whole introduction thing. Names exchanged, a little bit about what sort of movies and things we were into. Nothing really personal.

It may not seem like it, but I can be sort of socially awkward when I'm meeting someone for the first time. Plus I was a bit nervous as well. And he's kind I shy too, so there was a lot of awkward silent moments. It helped having the other two guys there to fill in during those moments though.

Then we all decided to head out to the club where my friend has taken me a couple of weekends ago. The ride down there was filled with those silent moments too, plus he kind if dozed off as well. But once we got there, we all had a good time. My friend and I ordered a couple drinks and we sat around listening to the music and checking out the scene. It was kinda dead for a Friday night, maybe due to the football games in the area, but all in all it was a lot of fun. We talked some more, as best we could with the music being loud and all, and we shots couple of games of pool. Then we decided to head home around 1:30 or so.

On the way home we stopped for a late night snack, then I started kinda dozing off myself. But I kept noticing he would look over in my direction from time to time while he was playing on his iPod. I finally came awake enough to realize he was trying to get my attention. (Yeah I can be a little slow on picking up social cues at times! LOL)

Turns out, our mutual friend had sent him a text while we driving home telling him that he and I needed to talk, so he typed me a note on his iPod and was trying to hand it too me. He said that our friend told him I thought he was cute (which is a huge understatement) and that he thought I was very cute too. I told him thank you and that I thought he had very nice eyes (among other body parts Wink ) and that I thought he was a very good singer (he was singing with the radio on the way to the club).

We told each other some more of our interests and I told him that I was still getting over the divorce and my previous relationship (didn't go into a whole lot of detail on those two things). He told me he understood and that he hoped he could be around to help me sort through all of that, which I thought was super sweet. And we kept swapping his iPod back and forth with notes for each other the rest of the ride home.

The evening ended with us back at our friends' house. We both told them good night and thank you for a good time. Then we started leaving to go our separate ways. We stood out by our vehicles talking (actually using our voices this time lol) and we exchanged phone numbers. All in all, it was a very awesome evening and I hope to see him again sometime soon! Smile

It sounds like you had a great evening. I'm glad you are going slowly with your new potential love interest. It generally works out better if you get to know each other as friends first.

Thanks Blue. Yeah, I was really glad he was so understanding of my situation and wanting to take things slow, considering his age and all. Yes he's a younger guy, and he's not completely out too (I'm starting to see a pattern in the kinda guys I like lol). And there's an added twist in this new little part of my life. I know his dad from several years ago when I worked in a local hardware store. He (the dad) was a regular customer there and I think I remember him (the new guy) coming in with his dad from time to time.

Oh my! Is it too soon to be flirting? LOL

LOL, that depends on you and on him - sometimes friends flirt even if they know it really isn't going beyond that any time soon, if at all. Smile

Up to you, but if you think he'd try to go too fast if you did, I'd hold off on the flirts.

I honestly don't want things to go too quickly! And I believe he was honest when he said he understood. But I've always had a problem with "falling in love" too soon! Hell my ex wife and I only dated six months before we were married. 3 before we were engaged!

how wonderful! sounds soooo hopeful and just oozing with possibilities! i'm eager to hear what
happens next....pleeeeeease keep us posted!!!!

hugz n smoochies

Butter

ps

i've subscribed to this thread so i can follow along!

hugz

Butterfly

Just play it by ear, if flirts happen, they happen and understand that it might be just the fun of flirting and nothing more for a long while - nothing wrong with that but, once the flirting happens, know that it might pick up the pace a bit too.

As I say, assuming I trust the person, no expectations, no pressure, but no restrictions either - just see what comes next as it comes.

Well I'll say one thing for him! He really knows how to stroke my ego! Wink