Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting the Parents...
fredv3b Wrote:Well then the only advice I can give is don't date guys who are only children, that way his mother will not be relying on him to produce grandchildren. Interestingly, both me and my bf are only children so both our mothers are being 'denied' grandchildren. Thankfully it hasn't generated any friction and we all get on well and are looking forwards to us formally tying the knot later this year.

CONGRATULATIONS FRED!! Invasion

colinmackay Wrote:I got an email from my Mum today. It is obviously without my Dad's influence this time and is much more reasoned in tone.

Anyway, I'm thinking that it might be better to meet my mum without my dad from time-to-time to ensure that I can get her side of things rather than have her feel that she has to stand by my Dad regardless of the crap that he spouts when he's upset about something.

Yes you're right, Colin; see your mum separately... at least she can be herself... Why do parents immediately assume that because you're an adult, you'll have children? Some people try and aren't lucky enough to have children because of sterility... why don't people think of that being a possibility? Choosing a life with a same sex partner is equivalent to being sterile, which can happen in a straight couple too. So why the expectation?

borrein Wrote:I wouldn't want to meet any of my hubby's family, they can all die for all we care. His family has since disowned him since coming out of the closet. However my family love my hubby and ask about him all the time. There's nothing wrong with meeting parents so long as they're not homophobic freaks.

Plus my family doesn't have a problem with grand kids. I'm a surrogate father of 3, so my parents have grandbabies being raised by lesbian couples.

Are you the genetic father of the kids, or not? If you are the genetic father, then you're not the surrogate father... If the Lesbian couples asked you to be a father presence to their kids, then you are a surrogate father.

my mum and sisters wud like it if i get a boyfrined .happy for me. i cant have childern any way. i not see my dad i not toled my nana she wont undestand

My parents have met my two ex's... First "ex", He called her mom and she called him the new kid. My dad didn't really care... His parents were oblivious to what was going on and just saw me as his friend, They liked me as the friend...

Second ex... Again met my parents, My mom was going to have him over for dinner but he flaked... My dad liked him because he was a actual mechanic... His parents just knew me as the friend like the first ex's.

They were/are both in the closet...

I've brought a few guys i've dated to meet my mom before, She's really open minded to the whole thing and just wants to see her kids happy.