Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Men and scents
I don't like cologne, but I react pretty strongly to a guys smell, even just waking down the street. My bf ifs the first guy I like scent on, but he doesn't wear anything but deodorant.

Quote:Do you ever walk past a guy who smells really good, and just want to get up close and take a whiff?

No I can't say that has ever happened to me. Not saying that I haven't taken a deep breath when a particular scent crosses my nostrils, but want to get up close and take a whiff? Not for a guy who is just walking past.

For mates/partners that is a different story. I suspect this ties into my hard boundaries about what I will do with a mate/partner than with anyone else. Such as touch, I will rebuke a handshake from just anyone - but I will cuddle and snuggle for hours with my partner...

I don't like cologne/perfume either. I wear unscented antiperspirant myself and on special occasions (weddings and funerals) I will pull out the bottle of Old Spice and put a few drops on.

I prefer men who have their natural scent. A lot of the scents out there, like that Axe for me, literally cause me to gag...

So this may lend itself to my unwillingness or lack of interest in pursuit guys to get a deeper whiff - most are covering up their natural odor with artificial scent.

Detectable odors have never been a factor in my attraction to anyone. In fact, very few people have a smell to me unless they've been sweating or don't bathe or have obnoxious cologne/perfume or if I'm within two feet of them (which is a situation I tend to avoid like the plague).

I can't particularly say I Bloodhound the fuck outta random guys, but I do react to voices...big surprise! A musician who reacts to sounds :|

But like, if a Guy speaks to/at me, the Vibrations/Resonance tend to pluck my strings if you know what I mean, but only on some guys...

I really and enthusiastically could go in deep on you gurls about the intricacies of vocal attraction, which goes beyond how literally deep or light a voice is...But then I would be a weird o lol. I'm this way with Music as well...almost like I can see the notes/pitch/sound...

But it can't be more weird than running around sniffing people...

Guy: Hi, my Name is Gregory, what's yours?
You: *Sniff* Not interested, BYE! Wink

I suppose we all gots our weird dings about us... Wink

YAY FOR WEIRD!
[Image: proud-to-be-me-weirdo-funny-parody-intel...60h760.jpg]

Ive turned around a couple times in my life to see who smelled so good. But really dont notice them unless its a scent I love.

Most guys wear highly volatile and offensive colognes nowdays, makes my nose hairs curl up a die.
Makes my eyes water and sucks all the oxygen out of the room.

Although I did smell a cologne today I really love, today at work. I turned around to see who was wearing it, and of course (my luck as usual) it was one of the assholes that work on my floor. Really put me off the smell of that cologne now.

Sylph Wrote:I can't particularly say I Bloodhound the fuck outta random guys, but I do react to voices...big surprise! A musician who reacts to sounds :|

But like, if a Guy speaks to/at me, the Vibrations/Resonance tend to pluck my strings if you know what I mean, but only on some guys...

I really and enthusiastically could go in deep on you gurls about the intricacies of vocal attraction, which goes beyond how literally deep or light a voice is...But then I would be a weird o lol. I'm this way with Music as well...almost like I can see the notes/pitch/sound...

But it can't be more weird than running around sniffing people...

Guy: Hi, my Name is Gregory, what's yours?
You: *Sniff* Not interested, BYE! Wink

I suppose we all gots our weird dings about us... Wink

YAY FOR WEIRD!
[Image: proud-to-be-me-weirdo-funny-parody-intel...60h760.jpg]

Well, when I get a whiff of toilet bowl cleaner, urinal cakes, japanese bush, and dead fish......I know you just walked by.

Drool-smiley

MisterTinkles Wrote:Well, when I get a whiff of toilet bowl cleaner, urinal cakes, japanese bush, and dead fish......I know you just walked by.

Drool-smiley

How about when I HEAR Bullshit, SMELL Rank ass Pussy, TASTE Bitter Dislike and FEEL Like a Slut ass Whore, I know I'm going to SEE Your old Stank ass Whore Pussy Bullshittin Bitter self?

Call it a gift? I can sense an Asshole miles away and you Sir are 700Miles too close!

;3

$i££¥ Tinks, you sure do love to try and be a bitch....Bring it on Bitch....

No, I can't say that has ever happened to me.

I try very hard not to walk through the perfume/cologne section of department stores. The overwhelming pong of all those myriad of products (even more so if there are salespersons offering free samples) is quite repulsive to me. I don't use colognes and prefer that men don't use them either. A man's natural scent is preferable providing he is clean.

I don't know how true it is but Casanova was supposed to have seduced women by offering them a handkerchief that he had kept in his armpit.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:I try very hard not to walk through the perfume/cologne section of department stores. The overwhelming pong of all those myriad of products (even more so if there are salespersons offering free samples) is quite repulsive to me. I don't use colognes and prefer that men don't use them either. A man's natural scent is preferable providing he is clean.

I don't know how true it is but Casanova was supposed to have seduced women by offering them a handkerchief that he had kept in his armpit.

I'm with you, Londoner. I always avoid the perfume section of department stores and detergent aisles at the market. My sense of smell is keen, and those products are just offensive! Give me a man with his own scent any day.

As far as Casanova goes, my bf begged me for a sweaty t-shirt when we were going to be apart for a few days. That made me laugh, but it was somehow flattering. I don't think I ever got that shirt back....