Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Men in dresses
Ok this isn't just in music but in theater as well. I guess men on stage.
In dresses...
Why is this not being done anymore?
It is an ancient tradition that we are stomping all over and not respecting anymore with all of the crapy moaning JustIn shyt u.u
WHERE ARE THE MEN IN DRESSES!?!

How dare you call them dresses. They're kilts! I should slap you.

Msn-slapping

VileKyle Wrote:How dare you call them dresses. They're kilts! I should slap you.

Msn-slapping

I'm not talking about crapy kilts (I'd call them skirts any way!)
I'm talking about men in dresses. On stage!

Joshular Wrote:Ok this isn't just in music but in theater as well. I guess men on stage.
In dresses...
Why is this not being done anymore?
It is an ancient tradition that we are stomping all over and not respecting anymore with all of the crapy moaning JustIn shyt u.u
WHERE ARE THE MEN IN DRESSES!?!

The reason why men wore dresses on the stage in ancient times was simply because women were forbidden from appearing on stage. It's as simple as that. As soon as the restriction was lifted then it became unnecessary.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Watch RuPauls Drag Race.....you will see a LOT of men in dresses on a stage!

Go to any gay night club, and you will usually see a lot of men in dresses on a stage.

We do that in my uuniversity engineering play because there are not enough girls, it's like girls are mystical creatures at this point.

You need to come to the UK around Christmas time. Men on stage, in dresses in every town in the land.

It's called pantomime and its pretty funny to watch. I used to go every year tho haven't been for a few years.

oBw
X

LONDONER Wrote:The reason why men wore dresses on the stage in ancient times was simply because women were forbidden from appearing on stage. It's as simple as that. As soon as the restriction was lifted then it became unnecessary.

Even in the 80's men use to wear dresses in music videos u.u

It's not dresses, but we do have Japanese guys wearing skirts in music. It's mainly just in the visual kei genre though.