Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Men treated badly in modern media
Wolfpack Wrote:Some new shows I think just do not allow the characters to get deep enough.

Most of them get cancelled after a few series so nobody develops enough.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:Most of them get cancelled after a few series so nobody develops enough.

Very true,most get to one season then get the chop from the hatchet man.

Wolfpack Wrote:Very true,most get to one season then get the chop from the hatchet man.

I understand its all about ratings but still I don't see how one series gives a big enough insight. Most shows pick up series 2.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:I understand its all about ratings but still I don't see how one series gives a big enough insight. Most shows pick up series 2.

Very true,most shows are just not given the chance to show their full protential.

Wolfpack Wrote:Very true,most shows are just not given the chance to show their full protential.

Although I am thankful some are cancelled haha.
[/COLOR]

Just watched latest episode of the Beauty and Beast remake,man is kicked in the nuts to put a stop to him ( well I quess it worked )
And over on Bates Motel you may be pleased to hear Norman Bates has announced he is not gay ( he said it in such away that it would terrible if he was ). 'sigh'

What's interesting to me is that men are now as objectified as often as women, perhaps moreso. It's the hunk in the wet t shirt selling salad dressing to women, it's the hunk driving a new car, buying furniture, being confused in the market that sells the product...to women. It's not perhaps as obvious but it's there, you just have to look sideways. Formerly a man was used to "be there" to help the little woman or just be around to prove the little woman had a man. Now in jeans so low and a tank top so tight one worries about his being able to continue to breath, he's the whole package and it doesn't matter what he's selling. If he's got a six pack, perfect teeth and doesn't fall over, his career is made. I can even point to the person and the ad where this started; The man's name was Lucky Vanous and he found it necessary to remove his shirt before drinking a Coca Cola. He was on posters for women the same way Farah Fawcett was for men. The world has generally steered clear of men as sexual things; Sure, they know that within the smiling façade there lay sperm but that wasn't the point. Now it's the only point. Remember when condoms-we called them rubbers back them-were only sold by a pharmacist in brown paper packages at the drug counter? Now there are ads pushing his 'n hers lubricants not to mention the condoms that will make all this a better experience. How racy was the woman who "dreamed she'd gone wherever in her Maidenform Bra". Now it's almost impossible to keep underwear on guys unless they're branded, low cut and will raise, uh, expectations. And, in an interesting reverse, Old Spice uses a hunk to sell after shave and cologne to women for their men. Moreover, guys now have earrings, tattoos, shave their heads...all things that would have made an ad agency cringe forty years ago. And the Daddyhood doesn't really have to include marriage. The old model of a mother, father 2.7 children and a dog is gone probably never to reappear. Just to eliminate most of femininity, many commercials are directed straight at gay men in which women do not appear. And these ads are not for make up or ways to smell better but for banks, stock accounts, manure spreaders. Madison Avenue has finally realized that men, both gay and straight, have money and do spend it which goes against the age old model that the men made and the women spent it. Some would say this represents a departure into fantasyland but, really, all it does is acknowledge that ladies have always looked at good looking guys with lust but now it's out in the open. Ladies, you like us and we're happy to be here for you just remember, don't handle the merchandise.

[quote=Charon]What's interesting to me is that men are now as objectified as often as women, perhaps moreso. It's the hunk in the wet t shirt selling salad dressing to women, it's the hunk driving a new car, buying furniture, being confused in the market that sells the product...to women. It's not perhaps as obvious but it's there, you just have to look sideways. Formerly a man was used to "be there" to help the little woman or just be around to prove the little woman had a man. Now in jeans so low and a tank top so tight one worries about his being able to continue to breath, he's the whole package and it doesn't matter what he's selling. If he's got a six pack, perfect teeth and doesn't fall over, his career is made. I can even point to the person and the ad where this started; The man's name was Lucky Vanous and he found it necessary to remove his shirt before drinking a Coca Cola. He was on posters for women the same way Farah Fawcett was for men. The world has generally steered clear of men as sexual things; Sure, they know that within the smiling façade there lay sperm but that wasn't the point. Now it's the only point. Remember when condoms-we called them rubbers back them-were only sold by a pharmacist in brown paper packages at the drug counter? Now there are ads pushing his 'n hers lubricants not to mention the condoms that will make all this a better experience. How racy was the woman who "dreamed she'd gone wherever in her Maidenform Bra". Now it's almost impossible to keep underwear on guys unless they're branded, low cut and will raise, uh, expectations. And, in an interesting reverse, Old Spice uses a hunk to sell after shave and cologne to women for their men. Moreover, guys now have earrings, tattoos, shave their heads...all things that would have made an ad agency cringe forty years ago. And the Daddyhood doesn't really have to include marriage. The old model of a mother, father 2.7 children and a dog is gone probably never to reappear. Just to eliminate most of femininity, many commercials are directed straight at gay men in which women do not appear. And these ads are not for make up or ways to smell better but for banks, stock accounts, manure spreaders. Madison Avenue has finally realized that men, both gay and straight, have money and do spend it which goes against the age old model that the men made and the women spent it. Some would say this represents a departure into fantasyland but, really, all it does is acknowledge that ladies have always looked at good looking guys with lust but now it's out in the open. Ladies, you like us and we're happy to be here for you just remember, don't handle the merchandise.[/QUOTE

We still have the TV ads with the Coca Cola guy,he now has to remove his shirt before mowing the lawn.

I wish more rugby players would be in adverts topless.. like Ben Cohen mmm
[/COLOR]

Drool-smileyInvasion
Marky Wrote:I wish more rugby players would be in adverts topless.. like Ben Cohen mmm