Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i love an older guy
hello everyone,

I just turned 18 and im in love with an 29 year old man. He does not know it and he probably does not love me. We talked in the beginning we dated that we have to be careful that we dont fall in love.. that did not go so well. He is nice and kind, but we are on such a different level.. he is working im in school, but I still I have those damn feelings. I tried to forget about him by hiding him on social media (not blocking) and if he sended a message i messaged back very short so maybe he will be quiet. He later was quiet, but it was like something was eating on my brain that i had to text him. Then we catch up again and this repeats over and over, but i am really done with it. please can someone help me? you can send private message (if thats possible im new on here) or answer here.

thanks

11 years really is not that much. And a 29-year-old male is hardly 'older'. He's a mature grown-up. There will be some differences between you due to age, no doubt, but none of that should matter if you like each other. Age really does not matter in relationships that much. (I speak from experience on this).
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Chances are, you're not really in love with him, even though it feels like you are. You might be obsessed and infatuated, though. You can't really be in love with someone you dated a few times and have the rare exchange over social media. You hardly know the guy.

Two ways to get over it. The usual way is to date someone else you find interesting. Then you can focus on the new guy.

I'm sorry to say it but the second way to get over it is to tell your obsession you are in love with him. He'll probably run away so fast you will quickly see what an illusion the whole thing was. He wanted some light fun, and you agreed to it, but then your mind played tricks on you. You don't have anything to lose by telling him.

Camfer Wrote:You can't really be in love with someone you dated a few times and have the rare exchange over social media. You hardly know the guy.

If he hadn't met him in real life, I'd agree. But falling in love with a man can happen immediately. You don't need to have knowledge about his life or have a long history with him, to be in love with him. You don't have to possess any ''knowledge'' about him to fall in love. Falling in love is an emotional reaction.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Older...?
Sweetie. I'm 26. My guy is 61. That's an older man hunny. You guys aren't that far apart in age. It sounds like you have a crush on this dude and not much more. If that's all, you'll crush again on someone else soon enough. Just focus on something else for the time being and soon enough you'll forget about him.