Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meow!
I think the problem with the Catwoman movie was the fact that to the commercial masses, Catwoman doesn't have much of an identity outside of Batman. She didn't have a cartoon, or a TV series, she was just a recurring character in his. Even though she's had a number of successful solo comics, she never had a particularly "stand out" story that would have made a good movie, and no real characters that would have been recognizable to the general public.

Thereby the Halle Berry movie kinda was doomed from the start, because Superhero movies are - as a rule - never good when they stray too far from the source material... and the Catwoman movie didn't even LOOK at the source material - because if they did, it would only have appealed to the hardcore fans. The fans of Batman wouldn't have had a clue, and the casual viewers would have had even less.

The story was decent, but generic, and instead of exploring Selena Kyle's origins, or delving into the reasons behind her life of crime... they decided to add all that egyptian-cat-lady-voodoo-mumbo-jumbo to make her seem like a goody two shoes who wasn't accountable for any of her naughty actions "cause it was the cat-in-her's fault". They never pulled any bat-related crap with the Batman movies, so what did Catwoman do to deserve the completely made-up mythology? That's the kind of stuff you'd see in a Marvel movie, not DC. Personally, I would've loved to see this storyline made into a movie - the Widow was an awesome Catwoman villain IMHO. Thought that could just be the nerd in me talking... or the fact that this was the first Catwoman comic I ever bought, and the only one I still have Laugh

[Image: 221359-4955-116390-1-catwoman_super.jpg?w=590]

Michelle Pfeiffer was hot but I didn't like Catwoman(s). The movie with Halle Berry was a real shit and the rest...I don't remember the patetic rest.

But Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy...

I was expecting more cats when I read the title.

MFW.

[Image: 8375d31d04978aa22322133be9bce437.jpg?itok=6gg1CCUM]

sillyboy86 Wrote:Michelle Pfeiffer was hot but I didn't like Catwoman(s). The movie with Halle Berry was a real shit and the rest...I don't remember the patetic rest.

But Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy...

Uma Thurman ROCKS!! MEOW!!!

Poison Ivy
Mrs. Peel
Beatrix Kiddo
Jenny Johnson
Medusa

kidchameleon Wrote:I think the problem with the Catwoman movie was the fact that to the commercial masses, Catwoman doesn't have much of an identity outside of Batman. She didn't have a cartoon, or a TV series, she was just a recurring character in his. Even though she's had a number of successful solo comics, she never had a particularly "stand out" story that would have made a good movie, and no real characters that would have been recognizable to the general public.

Thereby the Halle Berry movie kinda was doomed from the start, because Superhero movies are - as a rule - never good when they stray too far from the source material... and the Catwoman movie didn't even LOOK at the source material - because if they did, it would only have appealed to the hardcore fans. The fans of Batman wouldn't have had a clue, and the casual viewers would have had even less.

The story was decent, but generic, and instead of exploring Selena Kyle's origins, or delving into the reasons behind her life of crime... they decided to add all that egyptian-cat-lady-voodoo-mumbo-jumbo to make her seem like a goody two shoes who wasn't accountable for any of her naughty actions "cause it was the cat-in-her's fault". They never pulled any bat-related crap with the Batman movies, so what did Catwoman do to deserve the completely made-up mythology? That's the kind of stuff you'd see in a Marvel movie, not DC. Personally, I would've loved to see this storyline made into a movie - the Widow was an awesome Catwoman villain IMHO. Thought that could just be the nerd in me talking... or the fact that this was the first Catwoman comic I ever bought, and the only one I still have Laugh

[Image: 221359-4955-116390-1-catwoman_super.jpg?w=590]

The movie was supposed to be "pre-pre Catwoman", before she embarked on a life of crime and way before she met Batman. They wanted to give her her own life, as it were, and actually give some background to what happened to her to become Catwoman.
They wanted to do a few Catwoman movies leading up to the new Batman (pre-Christian Bale).

This was to be Catwomans "introductory" movie and then the next movie would have been the one where we find out how and why she started on a life of crime, and the third movie would have been the introductory of the new Batman.

But from all the flack I read, the main thing everybody hated was the costume. By fans' standards it was nothing less than "anti-Catwoman".

I dont like Sharon Stone, but I think they did an excellent job on her character, plus the innuendo was just too funny!!!

There could have been a bit more action, and if they had definitely changed the outfit for a catsuit, I think it would have made a better impact.

Shiner Wrote:I was expecting more cats when I read the title.

MFW.

[Image: 8375d31d04978aa22322133be9bce437.jpg?itok=6gg1CCUM]

They're hard to catch, but this one couldn't get away:

[Image: iptF54skk6sg0.gif]

'Course this one WANTS to be found....

Pix Wrote:They're hard to catch, but this one couldn't get away:

[Image: iptF54skk6sg0.gif]

'Course this one WANTS to be found....

Colonel Meow and Grumpy Cat are my two fav's!!!